Are you a qualified, talented chef looking for a challenge and excited to ski? Then this is the job for you. You will be running your own kitchen, cooking for our guests in one of two Chalet-Hotels in the picturesque resort of Megève, France.
You need to have flair, imagination, great presentation skills, the ability to cook to a high standard and a genuine passion for food.
We take pride in how well we take care of our staff, from the standard of our accommodation to the amount of ski time we offer compared to other companies. Please call or drop us an email to find out more.
– Cooking breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and a 3-course evening meal for around 30 guests in your Chalet Hotel 6 days a week;
– Taking responsibility for food hygiene standards and processes in your kitchen;
– Ordering food to your chalet;
– Stock control, stock rotation and wastage minimisation.
As a relatively small company, we’re open to individual ideas and originality in our kitchens. We can give you set menu plans and templates to get you started, but one of the best things about working for us is your freedom to be creative and not cook the same meals week-in, week-out. We pride ourselves on the standard of cuisine that we offer and want you to be part of it.
-Two chalet-hotels in Megève: the Rond Point and the Sylvana;
-Five members of staff in each: Manager, Chef, Driver/Assistant and two Hosts;
-Resort Manager, Maintenance Person and Resort Administrator in resort for support
What we offer
– Competitive salary plus tips
– Travel to and from UK, medical insurance, food and good accommodation
– Ski / board and boot hire, full area (445km) ski pass and proper time off to use it
– A chance to influence your working environment and be part of catering decisions that will make your job and your food better
– Ski lessons for those who haven’t skied before or who want to improve
– One full day off every week, plus excellent ski time (usually 5-6 hours/day, 5 days a week unlike other companies)
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.