We are recruiting a private housekeeper for a family home in Staffordshire. This is a permanent, live in position. We are looking for candidates with lots of energy and enthusiasm, it would suit someone with a chalet/yacht background.
We are recruiting a private housekeeper for a family home in Staffordshire. Both parents work and usually spend a couple of days a week in London. Their children are 13 and 12 years old but the father also has two older children in their 20s who mostly live away from home. You must be experienced working within private environments – if not private households then chalet, villa or yacht experience will suit this position well.
The property is large but the family have a relaxed and informal household. They place great emphasis on maintaining a happy atmosphere in their home. The role of housekeeper requires varying skill sets, including at times the ability to use initiative and take leadership in the household ensuring the house is organised as well as being clean and tidy. Ironing is an important skill. They have a live-in young female chef, who comes from a chalet background, who you will work closely alongside and who helps clean, shop and generally “mucks in”. You will generally work just Monday – Friday however you must be flexible. Weekend work will be required if the family are entertaining and during shooting weekends, however there will be plenty of notice for this.
It is essential that you understand that your role is more than just housekeeping. You must be a team player and like any chalet or villa runs you will help out wherever is required.
We are looking for friendly, family orientated candidates with a can-do attitude who will slot seamlessly into their family. You must be a dog and pet lover as you will be involved in the day to day care of their 2 dogs, rabbit and guinea pig. The donkeys have a carer but enjoy a pat and a carrot!
- Daily housekeeping of the home including bedrooms, bathrooms and communal areas
- All family laundry and ironing
- Help keep the home organised
- When entertaining, prepare the house for weekend guests arriving, lighting fires, preparing bedrooms etc.
- Help look after the dogs and other pets when the family are away including feeding and walking
- Assist around the house when you have the time – this may involve driving, assisting the chef, helping outside, running household errands etc
- Very occasional babysitting for teenage children (who attend boarding school during term time)
- Good communication with the family is essential
- Competitive salary
- Excellent standard of accommodation which consists of your own flat in a separate wing of the house. The package includes council tax, heating, electricity, full Sky package, reasonable telephone expenses and unlimited fast broadband
- Use of a shared car during working hours. A clean driving license is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced housekeeper who is looking for a long term stable position within a lovely household. The successful candidate will be a car owner and will enjoy living rural life whilst being close to motorways and major rail stations, placing major cities in easy reach.
Start Date – September