Are you a fine dining chef looking for something new and exciting to do? Then why not enter the world of private dining and come and work in a luxurious chalet in the French Alps.
A leading luxury ski tour operator is looking to recruit their final few fine dining chefs to work in their luxury chalets in the French Alps. It is not too late to secure the job of your dreams! This client offers the competitive salaries, great working conditions in some incredible properties. This is a very demanding but extremely rewarding role with full responsibility for the catering service in your allocated chalet. The emphasis in this role is the ability to draw on your own impressive experience and creativity to design and deliver a luxury chalet catering service of the highest possible standard.
- tailored menu designing and planning for each group of guests
- preparation and service of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, five course evening meal, ski room snacks, pre-dinner nibbles and after dinner petit fours
- catering to all guests’ special dietary requirements
- catering for all requests for special occasions
- catering for children and nannies (including early lunches and dinners when required)
- maintaining food hygiene, general health & safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- assisting with the management of chalet food budgets
- assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- planning and preparation of 2 x staff meals PER DAY
- assisting with FOH duties when required
The ideal candidate:
- recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
- previous 5* catering experience is essential. Chalet catering experience is desirable.
- good interpersonal skills
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- highly professional with a 5-star service mentality
- positive and flexible attitude
- proactive, work well under pressure with the ability to listen to clients requirements
- Being a team player is essential
- well presented at all times
- full UK clean driving license is desirable
- A competitive salary
- A stunning work environment in the most luxurious chalets in unique locations in the Alps
- Excellent accommodation (shared) with some meals provided
- Transport to and from resort
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Ski pass
- Outdoor uniform
Are you and a friend/partner looking to work a ski season this winter? We are looking for a Chef and Host couple who have ideally worked together previously to run a beautiful chalet together in the Three Valleys, France. There is a generous salary on offer with full package of lift pass, accommodation, ski hire and all meals.
- Provide breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and a three-course evening meal, including menu planning to satisfy guests’ requests and tastes
- Prepare children’s evening meals (two courses) as required
- Keep the chalet clean to a high level at all times
- Daily servicing of bedrooms, bathrooms and the sitting and dining areas
- Working together for plating up/prep/washing up
- Lay the tables suitably and as trained for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner
- Service of drinks and food at meal times
- Laying and lighting of fire
- Weekly shop to a budget, and keep accurate chalet accounts on a weekly basis, sourcing the best ingredients possible within the budget allowed
- Keep all mechanical and electrical kitchen appliances clean and to a high standard
- Work as a team with each other to ensure all standards of service are maintained
- Shuttle guests around the resort when required
- Be personable and presentable at all times
- Be responsible for reporting overall maintenance within the chalet and managing the chalet inventory throughout the season, and logging all breakages
- Ensure the exterior of the chalet is kept tidy, and clear all rubbish and snow
- Friends/couple who have previously worked together and work well as a team
- Previous chalet experience, including meal prep and service
- Experience running a chalet, including budgeting, cleaning and maintenance
- Driving license and experience driving guests
A generous salary, plus full package of lift pass, accommodation, ski hire and all meals
We’re looking for an incredible chef for a chalet in Méribel, France from Nov/Dec 18 to end of April 2019. You don’t need previous chalet experience but must have a recognised cooking qualification and at least 4 years 5* post-qualification experience. The primary responsibility is for the provision of exceptional quality food and drinks, and there is limited budgeting and reporting, and no shopping required!
- Contacts guests (party leaders) by telephone before their arrival to introduce yourself and confirm/determine/discuss any special dietary and other special requirements
- Help make birthdays and anniversaries special
- On changeover days, help to welcome guests and arrange servicing and/or hire of ski equipment, ski lessons etc. as required
- Be available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever you reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes.
- Provide exceptional quality breakfast, afternoon tea (including freshly baked cakes/slices), children’s high tea, pre-dinner canapés, dinner (at least 3 “main” courses plus cheese, on 1-2 nights produce a 6-7 course tasting menu) and truffles/petit-fours with appropriate wine and drinks, 6 days per week. Cater for any special diets as required (e.g., vegetarian, gluten-free etc.)
- Select and serve suitable wines at dinner
- Cook for self and all other staff working in / supporting the chalet
- Prepare picnics for airport transfers as required
- Ensure that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in/around the chalet at all times:
- Clean kitchen, kitchen equipment and dining room/area, leaving all areas clear and spotless after each service (i.e., breakfast and dinner) and before leaving the chalet. Weekly (usually on changeover day) perform a thorough clean of these areas, including oven, fridges and freezer, microwaves etc..
- On changeover day, in addition to the above, work closely with the rest of the chalet team, doing whatever is needed to ensure a smooth and pleasant transition for the guests and efficient changeover for staff. Help with cleaning and bed making etc. as required
- Manage and clean all food storage areas within the chalet
- In conjunction with the rest of the chalet team, set up and close down the chalet at the start and end of the season
- Maintain a record of all dinner menus, breakfast and afternoon tea dishes and submit these weekly as required
- Take the lead in the management of stock of all items/requirements for the chalet: prepare and submit orders to the Supplies and Maintenance Manager on a timely basis, perform stock takes as requested, explain any exceptional usage as requested.
- Ensure that all variable chalet costs are kept within budgeted levels
- Ensure that fridge and freezer temperatures are maintained at a safe level for the storage and preservation of food; report any issues immediately
- Report any maintenance/repair issues promptly and help in resolution as much as possible
- Help ensure guests settle bills for any extras incurred during the holiday
- Encourage guests to complete the visitors’ book
The ideal candidate:
- Applicants should hold a recognised cooking qualification (e.g., City & Guilds 7061/2, NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- You MUST demonstrate at least 4 years post-qualification experience in the professional kitchens of restaurants of 3 AA rosette standard or equivalent, having held chef de partie or more senior positions.
- Previous chalet work is not required and while spoken French is not necessary, it can be an advantage.
- There is no age restriction but applicants under 24 years are highly unlikely to have sufficient experience.
- Applicants who get through the initial screening processes will probably be asked to cook a test dinner.
- Salary of £350-400 per week DOE
- Package includes accommodation, food and drinks, ski pass, skis/board and boots, medical insurance, transport (from London) to and from the resort
- An additional performance-based bonus will also be awarded at the end of the season
Amazing food, delicious drinks and creative service, all set within some of the finest chalets in the Alps. Why not join this fantastic team for a season you’ll never forget? We’re looking for talented and enthusiastic chefs to be responsible for delivering a luxurious dining experience to your guests while using your creativity to refine your own style and menus.
The role is hard work but highly rewarding. Whilst our client has extremely high expectations for their teams, they also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. The roles are structured into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. After enjoying a winter season in the spectacular scenery of the Alps their chefs have gone on to work in Michelin starred restaurants, luxury yachts and exclusive private residences.
- Plans balanced, varied and creative menus for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner that are tailored to specific guest requests – also prepares staff meals as required.
- Works within the allocated budget and submits weekly menu plans and spend reports.
- Supports the Front of House teams as required and always take the lead in ensuring the kitchen is presented to high standards of cleanliness at all times.
- Maintain high levels of food hygiene during all preparation and service tasks, completing HACCP records as required.
- Prepared to work in an open kitchen, be observed by guests and demonstrate your passion for food on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate:
- Professional cheffing experience either in private dining or a restaurant with a strong understanding of fine dining
- A real passion for modern dining experiences and the luxury ski industry
- Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Excellent verbal communication – proficient in English
- Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail
- EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
- Ideal candidates would also have relevant experience in a seasonal/private dining environment i.e. previous seasonal experience (ski/villa/yachts/private chef)
We offer a highly competitive salary and our flexible benefits scheme is market leading giving you the chance to define your own package to suit your needs – our packages include:
- Salary of £250 per week plus a performance-based bonus scheme
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (private room)
- Lift pass (local or full area)
- Ski/board and boot hire
- Meals whilst on duty
- Personal insurance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
This is a very demanding, but extremely rewarding role, with full responsibility for the catering service in your chalet in Val D’Isère. The emphasis in this role is the ability to draw on your own impressive experience and creativity to design and deliver a luxury chalet catering service of the highest possible standard. You’ll be based in the heart of the resort with plenty of opportunities for skiing.
- Menu design: plan and cost, with close attention to budgets
- Shopping, online ordering of supplies, visiting local suppliers
- Stock control and management in your kitchen
- Prepare and serve breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, five-course evening meal, petit fours, ski room snacks and transfer picnics
- Cater for children and nannies (including lunches and children’s teas when required)
- Plan and prepare staff meals
- Cater to guests’ special dietary requirements and allergies
- Cater for special occasions and guest “wows”
- Be flexible with last minute changes to timings and menus as per guests’ requirements
- Responsible for food hygiene and general health and safety in the kitchen and dining areas
- Keep the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable; log fridge temperatures and observe fridge and freezer rules
- Assist with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
- Work closely with chalet team, especially your chalet manager, and assist with duties to ensure your chalet is run efficiently and to high standards
- Open and close the chalet to our exacting standards.
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
- Recognised catering qualification and extensive experience
- Previous work experience in a fine dining, Rosette or Michelin star restaurant
- Experience in different cuisine for example: French, Italian, Asian etc.
- Experience in running your own kitchen
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Fluent in English, conversational French (preferred)
- Knowledge of ski resort/season life.
The ideal candidate:
- We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
- Positive, flexible & adaptable attitude
- Highly professional with a 5-star service mentality
- Self-motivated, proactive and energetic
- Great attention to detail
- A team player with a sense of fun and willingness to help out in other areas of chalet if needed
- Smart appearance
- A desire to constantly please and take pride in their food
- Passion for food of the highest standard.
- Rewarding and stunning work environment in one the world’s leading ski resort
- Very competitive salary of around £300 a week
- Excellent accommodation
- Meals provided
- Winter travel and health insurance
- Free ski/board and boot hire
- Stylish outdoor uniform.
- Chardon chef whites
- Contribution towards your travel between UK/resort at beginning and end of the season
- Ski pass
We get asked to recruit for more and more exciting new ski season opportunities each week as we start to approach the 18/19 winter season, and are always on the lookout for fantastic new people. Get in touch to be added to our database so you’ll be ready and all set for when your dream role comes in.
As the 18/19 winter season slowly approaches, we start to get more and more fantastic job opportunities coming in for experienced seasonaires across France, Switzerland and Austria and Norway. To be considered for our future ski season roles, please send your CV to be added to our database.
What to expect:
Working a ski season is a fantastic opportunity to further your career within the hospitality industry whilst meeting new people and skiing as much as possible. Ski seasons are suitable for individuals who have good previous hospitality of catering experience, who are hard-working, adventurous, and who aren’t afraid of trying something completely new. You don’t need to be able to ski before starting season work, being in the mountains for a whole winter is the perfect time to learn.
Your package will often include travel, accommodation, food, ski hire, lift pass, and a weekly salary.
If you would like more information on how to get a ski season role, please get in touch as we’d love to help you in any way we can.