We are recruiting for a RESORT/AREA MANAGER in MERIBEL who will report directly to the UK Operations Director. We are looking ideally for someone who already lives year-round in Meribel or close by. This is a permanent contract to begin around July time (start date flexible) with a salary between £16,000 – £28,000 p.a. subject to tax, experience, and package.
We are looking for a “stand-up” resort manager to facilitate the smooth running of our Meribel operations year round. A fantastic opportunity for someone with previous hospitality management and ski season experience.
The role will contain a Summer stint in resort, as well as time in the Exeter office to enable the successful applicant to get to know the team, and fully understand their responsibilities. We are flexible to the working location out of season. In resort the role will be broad including (but not limited to) logistics, resort expenditure, quality control, back of house systems, staff management, menu planning, and customer happiness.
Who we are looking for:
● Highly organised, and an excellent communicator
● Good problem solver and ability to work independently
● The ability to remain calm and be diplomatic
● Extremely conscientious with high personal standards
● Confident French speaker (ideally fluent)
● A good head for figures, and good computer literacy
● Previous experience in a chalet based role, ideally to management level
● Hold a valid British/EU passport
● Hold a full, clean driving license
Nice to have…
● Knowledge of Meribel or the 3 Valleys
● Confident chef
Duties and responsibilities
Pre-Season – Office Based
● Staff recruitment
● Develop and understand back of house reporting systems, and operational manuals
● Finalise Menu Planning
● Get to know the team, and understand company brand objectives
Pre-Season – Resort Based
● Fully participate in setting-up all our chalets in resort
● Manage cost effective property maintenance solutions
● Ensure the resort stores are adequately equipped
● Finalise all staff training documentation
● Develop a relationship with the property owners
● Manage the day to day running of the chalets (4-6 chalets)
● Deliver a high standard of customer service
● Manage the resort team
● In resort finance – budgeting, reporting and hitting KPIs
● Maintain standards in chalets – food, cleanliness, staff presentation
● Manage arrivals and departures in resort and assist with changeover day duties
● Develop and maintain good relationships with guests – ensure all guests receive the highest level of customer care at all times and manage in a timely manner any issues or
complaints. This will involve regular evening visits to chalets
● Supporting other members of staff in their duties if required e.g. cooking or cleaning
● Help with organising ski hire, lessons, transfers etc. for guests
● Help with shopping and budgeting for chalets
● Liaise with the other managers to ensure regular chalet checks are done and discuss feedback with staff and UK head office
Staff Management and Training
● Seek regular feedback from staff and guests and mediate where necessary
● Run regular meetings with all staff to aid communication
● Manage staff welfare
● Organise and oversee weekly staff rotas
● Leading the delivery of comprehensive pre-season training programme, and accompanying guide material
● Work closely with the company accountant and directors in overseeing resort, and chalet expenditure.
● Ensuring budgets are hit
● Competitive salary – will vary depending on experience
● Travel from London Airport to and from Resort
● 3 Valleys Ski Pass
● Ski Hire
We are recruiting for a driver representative for a luxury operator based in Morzine. Morzine is at the heart of the Portes du Soleil, the world’s largest ski area, and one of Europe’s most popular summer alpine destinations.
WHAT WE OFFER: a competitive salary plus an end of season bonus upon successful completion of the season.
Also… Superb accommodation (with WiFi), food, full Portes du Soleil lift pass or summer Multi Pass, free ski equipment / free or discounted summer activities, fully comprehensive insurance, travel to and from Morzine (from the UK), an equal share of honesty bar profits and tips. 1 day off per week.
Applicants should be able to fully demonstrate a “can-do” service-orientated approach, smart
appearance, happy gregarious personality, self-motivation, team working, physical toughness, patience, organisational skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload. Previous experience in hotels, restaurants or other hospitality establishments plus conversational French would be desirable. A confident/careful driver with a full clean driving license, and experience & passion for snow sports and/or summer mountain sports are essential. Applicants must have:
(a) An EU passport. (b) Sent off for a police record check (ask us for details). (c) EITHER: 2 years professional driving experience (can be accumulated experience that totals 2 years; it can include experience where driving was part of your job as long as we have a letter of proof from a past employer). OR: A ROSPA advanced driving qualification (or be prepared to do this 3-4 day course): http://www.rospa.com/safety-training/on-road/advanced/driving-course/
This position is extremely varied as it involves acting as a resort representative, driving company minibuses, guiding and acting as a general ‘dogsbody’ around company property. It is a lynch-pin role for our resort operations. You must be of smart appearance with a happy gregarious personality, dedicated to providing a seamless and exemplary service to all guests. You must also be proactive and completely flexible, adopting an attitude of ‘nothing is too much trouble’. You will be working as a multi-functional team, which may involve helping out in other aspects of resort operations.
Your main duties will consist of:
– Dealing with clients in a detailed, friendly, intuitive and professional manner to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of their holiday. For example:
(i) Providing a point of contact for information and help throughout the duration of their stay.
(ii) Welcoming guests upon arrival and presenting a formal ‘welcome speech’ on the first evening.
(iii) Providing assistance in case of emergencies, e.g. accompanying to doctors, dentists, police etc.
(iv) Taking credit card and cash payments on behalf of the company.
– Driving, equipping and maintaining company minibuses. For example:
(i) Providing transfers to and from Geneva airport, railway stations etc.
(ii) In winter, transport to and from ski lifts and around the resort etc.
(iii) In summer, transport to and from activity locations, sightseeing venues etc.
(iv) General upkeep of the chalet vehicles, i.e. washing/valeting and vehicle checks etc. Guide
– In winter, acting as a ski/snowboard companion, accompanying guests to ski shop, lessons.
– General labouring jobs around the company’s properties and grounds. For example: Snow/ice clearance, checking/cleaning/maintaining hot-tubs, cleaning vans/terraces/windows/storerooms, sweeping terraces, litter picks, managing bins/recycling, tip runs, clearing drains, gardening & mowing lawns, general errands.
– Occasional serving/cleaning etc to cover chalet hosts in case of illness/emergency/time off etc.
– On changeover day you will be expected to assist in any way possible.
– A vital skill of this job is to create an informative and sociable relationship with guests, without being obtrusive. Discretion and common sense are critical.
There is a particularly strong emphasis in this role on our clients’ safety and wellbeing. Within the household, you will be in charge of general maintenance plus cleaning and upkeep of certain key areas.
• Delivering a first-class private chauffeur service to all clients with a great appreciation of being an ambassador for the company to guests, suppliers and locals alike
• Managing, maintaining and cleaning the Mountain Luxury fleet of vehicles
• Assisting clients generally with any general queries or special requests
• M inor lodge maintena nce from painting to light bulbs
• Attending to lodge fire (inc. clearing and stacking firewood)
• Identifying other maintenance/health + safety issues and notifying manager
• Snow clearing of all pathways/roads leading to and areas immediately surrounding the lodge (including all terraces and balconies))
• Daily maintenance and cleaning of various lodge facilities (eg, pool, sauna, boiler room and boot room )
• A ssisting with the safe transportation of staff and goods when required
• P roactive communication with cli ents and Management// colleagues to ensure all queries are answered and any special requests are met at the earliest opportunity
• S upporting and assisting each member of lodge team in their individual roles
• Recycling, rubbish disposal and ensuring this is organised and managed weekly
We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes::
• Positive ‘can do’ and flexible attitude
• Highly professional with Excellent interpersonal skills
• Mature and highly responsible
• Team player
• Smart appearance
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
• At least 5 years driving experience with full clean driving licence
• 1 years mechanical experience (or relevant qualifications to assist with IT, TV systems)
• Fluent English speaker
• Previous off-road or ice driving experience (preferred)
• Previous high-end hospitality or customer service experience
We are looking for a chalet chef and host couple to start working together in a chalet in Morzine. The roles will certainly be challenging but ultimately extremely enjoyable and rewarding and you will be working as a tight-knit team.
To be considered for this position, you must be a great chef with a wide variety of dishes – they don’t all need to be fine dining, just great quality. You both must also enjoy working in a customer focused role looking after a diverse group of customers. You need to be prepared to work hard and manage your time amongst all the fun time you will have skiing. Lastly, you must be flexible and prepared to put your hand to anything to make sure the job gets done as you will be part of a small team.
Key Responsibilities together:
The role will certainly be challenging but ultimately extremely enjoyable and rewarding and you will be working alongside a chalet host as a tight-knit team.
To be considered for this position, you must be a great chef with a wide variety of dishes – they don’t all need to be fine dining, just great quality. You must also enjoy working in a customer focused role looking after a diverse group of customers. You need to be prepared to work hard and manage your time amongst all the fun time you will have skiing. Lastly, you must be flexible and prepared to put your hand to anything to make sure the job gets done as you will be part of a small team.
Key Responsibilities alongside the Chalet Host:
You will be working alongside a chalet chef. The role will certainly be challenging but ultimately extremely enjoyable and rewarding!
You must also enjoy working in a customer focused role looking after a diverse group of customers. You need to be prepared to work hard and manage your time amongst all the fun time you will have skiing. Lastly, you must be flexible and prepared to put your hand to anything to make sure the job gets done as you will be part of a small team.
Key Responsibilities alongside the Chalet Chef:
This is a position that requires a great deal of flexibility as your workload will vary from week-to-week. Candidates will ideally have previous experience working for a chalet company.
You will be working closely with all other members of the team to ensure that our guests are receiving the highest possible level of service. Communication, organisation and a positive attitude are all key attributes required for this role.
As a Chalet Host you must have a passion for providing exceptional service, always putting the customers first and working hard to meet their needs. You must take pride in your work, have extremely high standards, be conscientious and considerate, enjoy working as part of a small team and most importantly have a love for hospitality.
You will be assisting and supporting your colleagues in the day to day running of one of our two exceptional chalets. You will work as part of a team of four (Manager, Chalet Chef, Chalet Host/s) all striving to meet Freedom Ski standards at all times.
WHAT SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED:
The following are all essential:
WHAT ABILITIES AND QUALITIES ARE REQUIRED:
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious chef in one of the few full-time cheffing jobs in the French Alps. Fantastic pay, including all benefits with 6 weeks holiday per year.
As Head Chef you will maintain the standards of the kitchens and menus across our chalets. Your responsibilities include kitchen and food inspections, stock checks, supplier ordering, budget management, and food hygiene. Although you will not be working within a specific chalet you will be required to fill in for chefs in case of illnesses and injuries.
During the summer you will be the chalet chef in one of their catered chalets in either Morzine or Le Grand Massif.
Outside of the winter and summer seasons, you will be required to work 5 days a week (Monday – Friday) in a variety of roles – menu planning, computer admin, painting, decorating, stock taking, supplier admin, and anything else in preparation for the new season!
What we can offer you:
This is an excellent opportunity to gain senior management experience in a demanding but fun role. It is a 2 year contract with good pay and the option to extend for a longer period.
The resort managers are responsible for maintaining the standards of their chalets and staff in resort. You will work closely with all members of staff on a daily basis in resort to make sure everything is running smoothly. This will involve chalet inspections, weekly staff meetings, filing accounts, linen collection, supplier order forms, and controlling weekly chef budgets.
You will also be the first port of call for the guests during their stay. You will be involved in the pre-arrival service that the company provides their guests. This includes liaising with operations manager in France and organising various items such as lift passes, ski hire, ski school and childcare. You will do a guest driver service 6 days a week between 08:30 – 10:00 and 15:00 – 19:00 each day.
Outside of the winter and summer seasons, you will be required to work 5 days a week (Monday – Friday) in a variety of roles – computer admin, painting, decorating, stock taking, supplier admin, and anything else in preparation for the new season!
This role is an opportunity for the candidate to gain excellent experience in the catering and hospitality industry. You will be given a lot of responsibility and exposure to the workings of a small privately-owned company. There will be a lot of opportunities to progress within the company.