A Middle Eastern family of 8 based in Belgravia are looking for a Butler to join their team. You will be working closely with the House Manager and Housekeeper to serve the family and maintain the property. The family actually own 3 properties in Belgravia as well as a castle in Scotland and a Chateau in France so occasional travel may be required.
For now, the family is looking for someone to come and complete an initial 4-week trial – should you be successful a permanent contract will be discussed. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience who is looking for a potentially long-term position. You will be given the opportunity to prove yourself when the manager goes on holiday.
- Lots of services
- Working with the house manager
- Assisting the housekeeper where needed
- Polishing silver
- Managing the pantry
- Taking care of expensive items
- Occasional travel between properties
- 2 years’ experience in either a hotel, high-quality restaurant or private household
- Strong service background
- Someone resilient
- Flexibility is key
Accommodation: live out
Salary: Competitive day rate for now – negotiations to be had if made permanent
Hours: 5 days a week – 10 hours (total flexibility required)
Start Date: ASAP
We have a fabulous new position to join a household in Devon. The role will be for a Housekeeper who is also happy to be ‘front of house’ when the family are entertaining or having shoots. The beautiful property is situated not far from Exeter and reasonably close to the sea. There are also friendly dogs kept at the house. This is a job for someone who understands and loves a country way of life.
The residence is for a family of six. Due to shoot events, the house can sometimes be very busy and full of people otherwise it will be quiet, so flexibility is key. There are other people working at the house including a part-time cleaner and a Chef who is also the general House Manager.
- General housekeeping and making sure the house is presented beautifully
- Helping to make up guest bedrooms
- Setting the table for meal times
- Some household shopping
- Flower arranging
- Greeting guests
- Helping with the shoots which will include serving lunch and refreshments, occasional childcare, shoe polishing, dog walking and anything else that comes up to make the Principals and their guests stay run smoothly
- Essential that you have worked as a housekeeper in a private household, luxury hotel or chalet host
- Speak a good level of English
- Understand how to set a beautiful table
- Experience in service
- Knowledge of how a luxury property should run
- Live in position – 2 bedroom flat with its own private entrance
- 5-day week (2 days off during the week)
- Salary between £22k – £25k DOE
One of London’s largest properties is looking for a Senior Butler to come and support the head butler and large team of Butlers/Under Butlers.
You will be expected to support a wide range of operationally essential tasks, including liaising with, and working alongside, the whole estate team to ensure the smooth running of the properties whilst providing the highest level of operational service and performance. You will be working in a busy estate where is it necessary to have the ability to think on your feet as well as following instructions.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Front of House service, meeting and greeting guests.
- All types of service required including butler, silver, tray, bar, and pool.
- Specialist cleaning techniques and polishing of china, crystal, and silverware.
- Conservation and care of silver, gilt and crystal items.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in pantry areas, stock rooms, service areas
- Stocktaking and inventories & stock rotation
- Cellar management
- Valeting and luggage duties
- Antique Clock care.
- Manpower planning in conjunction with the Head Butler.
- Responsible for training, supervising and directing the Butler team.
- Responsible for planning and organising the Butlers tasks and prioritising their duties.
- Responsible for maintaining and running designated areas.
- Creating, implementing, improving, and developing methods and systems
- Standing in for the Head Butler when required.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
- Adhering to all health and safety procedures
- Highest standards of personal grooming.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Ability to work efficiently independently or within the wider team.
- Previous butler experience of at least 4 years.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
Salary: £40K – £45K
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 45 hours per week
Accommodation: Not included
We are recruiting for a Butler to join a wider team in one of London’s largest and most prestigious households. Working on a busy estate, you will need the ability to think on your feet as well as to follow instructions. In return, you will receive a great salary, training to further your skills and the opportunity to progress your career in a world-class environment.
All Butlers of every level are expected to support the Butler team with a wide range of operationally essential tasks as well as working in partnership with the estate team to provide the highest level of operational service and performance.
- Front of House service, meeting and greeting guests
- All types of service required including butler, silver, tray, bar and pool
- Cleaning and restocking of bars, coffee, tea and water points as required
- China cleaning and polishing of and silverware
- Maintaining general cleanliness in pantry areas, stock rooms, and service areas
- Conservation and care of silver, gilt and crystal items
- Stocktaking and inventories including china, silverware, crystal, cigars, wines, and spirits
- Cellar management of fine wine, spirits, and cigars
- Acceptance and movement of deliveries
- Valeting duties to include packing and unpacking
- Recording and relaying messages
- Ability to work efficiently independently or within the wider team
- To attend all training courses as and when required
- Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive
- Previous Butler experience
- Experience working in a 5* environment
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Other languages are a plus
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Critical eye for detail
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative
Salary: £29,000 – £32,000 + annual bonus (usually months’ salary)
Accommodation: Live out
Location: Highgate, London
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 5 days a week (flex days) 40 hrs per week
Benefits: Delicious food provided when on shift, annual bonus, uniform provided, additional training courses offered where needed