This role is based in St Johns Wood, London. Your job will be to provide food and serve a small family on a daily basis. This is a great opportunity for a Butler who loves to cook! You do not need to be a qualified chef however you must be able to provide healthy attractive food with ease and come up with inspiring and delicious menu plans on a weekly basis.
- Preparing and serving lunch and dinner to the Employer and any guests as required;
- Providing food and drink service for meetings and attending to the Employer’s food and drink requirements during contracted hours;
- Cleaning away and tidying after service with the assistance of the housekeepers;
- Maintaining a clean kitchen and food preparation area;
- Keeping the kitchen pots, pans, appliances and work surfaces clean and in good condition;
- Preparing menus for approval by the Employer and/or House Manager;
- Supplying food and beverage shopping lists to be ordered by the House Manager;
- Maintaining stock control;
- Ensuring fridge/freezer and food cupboards are tidy and any out-of-date food discarded;
- Assisting the House Manager in preparation for parties and events in the house;
- Receive guests at the door and make them feel comfortable and look after them when necessary.
Additional Duties (include but not restricted to)
- Answer the door and the phone if necessary;
- Assisting with the dogs’ care if requested;
- Taking the cars to the petrol station to be fuel filled if required;
- Carrying out any other tasks that the employer may reasonably ask.
- The primary working location will be the Employer’s London house but the post holder will be required to be flexible with working in the Employer’s other residences at Westwell and/or Brighton as required. Accommodation and travel expenses will be provided when working away from the Employer’s main London residence.
- Usually Monday – Friday however 1 – 2 weekends a month you may be expected to work at one of their alternate residences.