Your role would be varied depending on the season and a brilliant chance for someone wanting to get into the industry to learn and expand their horizons. The family are looking for someone enthusiastic, trustworthy and hard working. They will offer extensive training to the right candidate who can grow in the position.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £30K (with regular pay reviews)
Accommodation: A self-contained 3 bedroom flat within the household, with your own separate entrance
Hours: 40 hours a week Tuesday – Saturday
We are a fun, social office based in London Bridge looking to recruit our 5th member of staff to come and support our consultants. We work hard and play harder and we all love what we do. We’re definitely not your standard recruitment office!
As a resourcer, you will partner closely with our consultants providing them with expert screening, vetting and support on the full range of recruitment activities to ensure a competitive advantage through the selection and hiring process.
Start Date – ASAP
Contract – temporary initially with the potential to become permanent over time
The estate is owned by a UHNW individual and is not used as a full-time residence, it is mainly used for leisure when the Principle is in the UK and for ad-hoc functions and events throughout the year. The estate has 30 bedrooms in total, so it runs like a mini hotel. You will support the Facilities Manager in the day to day running of the grounds, the role will be varied so flexibility is key. You must be comfortable driving when required, carrying suitcases into the house, doing general DIY around the property and any other ad hoc duties required.
You will be part of a large wider team of butlers/housekeepers/chefs etc. so team work is essential, you must have a positive work ethic and be passionate about what you do.
A competitive salary is on offer and accommodation can be provided should it be needed. We are looking for longevity on your CV and it is essential that you can provide 5 years of references plus, the client will also apply for a DBS security check.
The children aged 8 (YR 4) and 12 (YR 8) and 14 (YR 10) will all continue in the national curriculum while the two older children will be studying for the College Entrance exam and the IGCSEs, respectively.
You must be familiar with the UK curriculum and it is essential that you are a fluent French speaker. You will ideally have a Maths or Science teaching background and be able to familiarise yourself with other areas of the curriculum prior to departure.
Yachting qualifications are not required, however an interest in sailing or water sports is essential. You will be on board with both parents, the children, a nanny and 3 other members of staff. You will be sharing a cabin with the female nanny and will have ample time to spend getting to know her and the rest of the team in advance of July 2018. You should be a team player and willing to assist the other staff members when required.
The role will start in July 2018, however for familiarization purposes, we would request that time has been spent with the family and crew on a trial basis, ideally whilst the family are on board so you can experience the role in full. There are 2 opportunities to attend a trial with the family and all costs will be covered:
– Between mid Dec – early Jan
– Between mid March – mid April
This will give any potential candidates an opportunity to work with the children and spend time with the family and crew to ensure the fit is as right for them as it is for the family.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Sole tutoring of 3 children for the full 14 month period. Working to the UK curriculum for Years 4, 8 and 10 while preparing the Y8 for a school entrance exam, and Y10 for IGCSEs.
• Planning of all lessons
• Preparing and marking of any homework
• Planning extra-curricular activities, including proactively researching the area you are visiting and finding new things to do
• Working closely with the parents to increase the children’s awareness of social responsibility including helping to organise various charity work projects
• Conducting some lessons in French to ensure constant improvement in their language skills. The youngest will be learning French, the middle child is fluent at grade level in France and, the eldest child is at an advanced level/fluent speaker.
• Assisting other staff members when required
• Focusing on the children’s manners and generally being a good role model
It is essential that you fit the following brief, please do not apply if you do not meet the following criteria:
• QTS qualified teacher with at least 3 years’ teaching experience
• Fluent French speaker
• Interest in sailing or water sports
• Available for the full duration of the contract
• Valid DBS
• Solid references for the last 5 years
• Able to attend a trial for a minimum of 1 week
• Any musical capabilities are advantageous
• Living Costs
• Travel Costs
• Competitive Salary (depending on experience)