We are recruiting for a large private estate in Surrey, this is a new project which will only expand over time. The estate is owned by a UHNW individual and is not used as a full-time residence, it is just used for leisure when the Principle is in the UK and for ad-hoc functions and events. The estate has 30 bedrooms in total so it runs like a mini hotel. You will support the Facilities Manager in the day to day running of the grounds. Your role will be varied so flexibility is key. You will offer a chauffeur duty when required, carry suitcases into the house, do general DIY around the property and any other ad hoc duties required around the property.
You must be a confident driver, be a team player and have a positive enthusiastic work ethic.
Competitive salaries are on offer and can be disclosed at shortlisting stage. We are looking for longevity on your CV and it is essential that you can provide 5 years of references. The client will also apply for a DBS security check for you if you do not hold a valid certificate.
Your main duties are to be split between the sole and shared care of the 4 children aged between 6 and 16 and housekeeping of the home. Due to the children being able to be engaged without supervision for extended periods of time, you will be expected to clean and tidy after yourself and the children. In addition, you will be required to do general housekeeping of the home including making the beds, cleaning the bathrooms and keeping the kitchen clean and tidy.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
Hours – 12 hour days Saturday & Sunday: 0700 – 1900 with potential babysitting paid as overtime
Start Date – ASAP
Salary – competitive annual salary + overtime
You will support the team in a wide range of administrative tasks assisting with recruitment, marketing and general office admin. We are looking for someone who has initiative to improve current processes, who can work independently with minimal supervision and who will want to develop and grow within the company. You will need to be proactive, hardworking and dedicated to the continued success of Silver Swan.
Start Date – ASAP.
This is a hybrid role requiring flexibility at all times. This is a permanent, live out position starting immediately. You will be part of a 4 man team working alongside a House Manager, Cook and Housekeeper.
The children aged 8 (YR 4) and 12 (YR 8) and 14 (YR 10) will all continue in the national curriculum while the two older children will be studying for the College Entrance exam and the IGCSEs, respectively.
You must be familiar with the UK curriculum and it is essential that you are a fluent French speaker. You will ideally have a Maths or Science teaching background and be able to familiarise yourself with other areas of the curriculum prior to departure.
Yachting qualifications are not required, however an interest in sailing or water sports is essential. You will be on board with both parents, the children, a nanny and 3 other members of staff. You will be sharing a cabin with the female nanny and will have ample time to spend getting to know her and the rest of the team in advance of July 2018. You should be a team player and willing to assist the other staff members when required.
The role will start in July 2018, however for familiarization purposes, we would request that time has been spent with the family and crew on a trial basis, ideally whilst the family are on board so you can experience the role in full. There are 2 opportunities to attend a trial with the family and all costs will be covered:
– Between mid Dec – early Jan
– Between mid March – mid April
This will give any potential candidates an opportunity to work with the children and spend time with the family and crew to ensure the fit is as right for them as it is for the family.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Sole tutoring of 3 children for the full 14 month period. Working to the UK curriculum for Years 4, 8 and 10 while preparing the Y8 for a school entrance exam, and Y10 for IGCSEs.
• Planning of all lessons
• Preparing and marking of any homework
• Planning extra-curricular activities, including proactively researching the area you are visiting and finding new things to do
• Working closely with the parents to increase the children’s awareness of social responsibility including helping to organise various charity work projects
• Conducting some lessons in French to ensure constant improvement in their language skills. The youngest will be learning French, the middle child is fluent at grade level in France and, the eldest child is at an advanced level/fluent speaker.
• Assisting other staff members when required
• Focusing on the children’s manners and generally being a good role model
It is essential that you fit the following brief, please do not apply if you do not meet the following criteria:
• QTS qualified teacher with at least 3 years’ teaching experience
• Fluent French speaker
• Interest in sailing or water sports
• Available for the full duration of the contract
• Valid DBS
• Solid references for the last 5 years
• Able to attend a trial for a minimum of 1 week
• Any musical capabilities are advantageous
• Living Costs
• Travel Costs
• Competitive Salary (depending on experience)