We are recruiting for a large private estate in Surrey, this is a new project which will only expand over time. The estate is owned by a UHNW individual and is not used as a full-time residence, it is just used for leisure when the Principle is in the UK and for ad-hoc functions and events. The estate has 30 bedrooms in total so it runs like a mini hotel. You will support the Facilities Manager in the day to day running of the grounds. Your role will be varied so flexibility is key. You will offer a chauffeur duty when required, carry suitcases into the house, do general DIY around the property and any other ad hoc duties required around the property.
You must be a confident driver, be a team player and have a positive enthusiastic work ethic.
Competitive salaries are on offer and can be disclosed at shortlisting stage. We are looking for longevity on your CV and it is essential that you can provide 5 years of references. The client will also apply for a DBS security check for you if you do not hold a valid certificate.
In this role you will be working as ‘right hand woman/ man’ to the head of the property company.You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ideally have experience in the luxury sector dealing with UHNWs.
Enthusiasm, personality and flexibility are key. This role may appeal to ex House Managers/PA’s/Estate Managers who have experience dealing with multiple properties. You must be looking for longevity – this role is very likely to evolve and expand so its a great opportunity for someone looking to challenge themselves while growing their knowledge and experience as part of a very successful business.
As the role is anticipated to develop over time the tasks involved will vary massively however below is an outline of what will be included (but not limited to):
Sales & General Administration
Design & Technology
Operations & Event Management
Salary: Dependant on experience
Location: Roehampton (very close to Richmond park)
Hours: 5 days per week, full time
The children aged 8 (YR 4) and 12 (YR 8) and 14 (YR 10) will all continue in the national curriculum while the two older children will be studying for the College Entrance exam and the IGCSEs, respectively.
You must be familiar with the UK curriculum and it is essential that you are a fluent French speaker. You will ideally have a Maths or Science teaching background and be able to familiarise yourself with other areas of the curriculum prior to departure.
Yachting qualifications are not required, however an interest in sailing or water sports is essential. You will be on board with both parents, the children, a nanny and 3 other members of staff. You will be sharing a cabin with the female nanny and will have ample time to spend getting to know her and the rest of the team in advance of July 2018. You should be a team player and willing to assist the other staff members when required.
The role will start in July 2018, however for familiarization purposes, we would request that time has been spent with the family and crew on a trial basis, ideally whilst the family are on board so you can experience the role in full. There are 2 opportunities to attend a trial with the family and all costs will be covered:
– Between mid Dec – early Jan
– Between mid March – mid April
This will give any potential candidates an opportunity to work with the children and spend time with the family and crew to ensure the fit is as right for them as it is for the family.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Sole tutoring of 3 children for the full 14 month period. Working to the UK curriculum for Years 4, 8 and 10 while preparing the Y8 for a school entrance exam, and Y10 for IGCSEs.
• Planning of all lessons
• Preparing and marking of any homework
• Planning extra-curricular activities, including proactively researching the area you are visiting and finding new things to do
• Working closely with the parents to increase the children’s awareness of social responsibility including helping to organise various charity work projects
• Conducting some lessons in French to ensure constant improvement in their language skills. The youngest will be learning French, the middle child is fluent at grade level in France and, the eldest child is at an advanced level/fluent speaker.
• Assisting other staff members when required
• Focusing on the children’s manners and generally being a good role model
It is essential that you fit the following brief, please do not apply if you do not meet the following criteria:
• QTS qualified teacher with at least 3 years’ teaching experience
• Fluent French speaker
• Interest in sailing or water sports
• Available for the full duration of the contract
• Valid DBS
• Solid references for the last 5 years
• Able to attend a trial for a minimum of 1 week
• Any musical capabilities are advantageous
• Living Costs
• Travel Costs
• Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
Joining an established team of consultants, you will support Philippa, the Managing Director, with a wide range of administrative tasks assisting with all aspects of recruitment and general office admin. Specifically, you will immediately be playing an instrumental role in an exciting new recruitment project which is soon to launch and will keep you incredibly busy for your first couple of months.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with minimal supervision and who will want to develop and grow within the company. You will need to be proactive, hardworking and dedicated to the continued success of Silver Swan.
This is a resourcer position with the opportunity to develop into a full Recruitment Consultant role over time with long-term career potential within the company.
Start Date – ASAP.
Location – London Bridge.
You must be available to start within the next couple of weeks. You must be legally able to live and work in the UK. Please do not apply if this is not the case.