An UHNW family are looking for a Governor/Tutor to come and assist their family in Hong Kong, the 3 boys (8/8/9 YO) primarily live with their mother and are in need of structure and guidance when it comes to their learning and education. They attend a private international school in Hong Kong and also have private tutors who come to the household daily.
They are looking for someone experienced, responsible and organised. Your main role is to be a liaison between the school, the tutors and the parents, ensuring a good education system is in place to benefit the boys.
- Ensure that children follow a routine that allows for homework and educational activities.
- Teach specialist subjects (e.g. languages/history or music)
- Teach manners, etiquette and right code of conduct
- Ensure the children’s timetables are adequate and allow for the day to run smoothly
- Liaise with school and tutors regularly
- Liaise with parents daily
- Prepare children for exams and school assessments
- Encourage children to behave appropriately and complete their studies
- Similar experience working for an UHNW family
- Available to move immediately
- Brilliant references
- Specialist subjects desirable
- Expert knowledge of the school system and curriculum
Accommodation: Apartment provided in candidates desired area of Hong Kong
Hours: 5 days a week – usually Monday – Friday before and after school
Start Date: ASAP
A VIP family based in Dubai are looking for an experienced, fluent French speaking Governess. The family already have a governess for their 5-year-old boy and have multiple nannies who also deal with day to day care of the children. They are looking for someone to organise teaching for their 18-month little girl through play and activities. This will be your main priority however you will also be expected to tutor the young boy in French language too (plus, any future children the mother may have).
You should work in a positive, child centred way, displaying a happy disposition while being mindful of the families need for privacy and family time. It is essential that you are active and open to outdoor play and sport as this is a large part of their lives. As mentioned, you will be working with other staff so a team player is required, and flexibility will be needed as the family tend to travel during the school holidays.
- To create healthy activities for the children to be engaged in and learn skills and a new language as they play. At home or outdoors.
- Accompany the children on outings alone or with friends as agreed with parent
- Organize play dates with friends, and activities for play dates.
- The family travels with friends and their children on holiday so play time is usually with multiple children (who have their own nannies).
- Possible to suggest a healthy weekly meal menu plan.
- To liaise with household staff to ensure the child’s belongings are kept organized.
- To work in a team environment in a fully staffed household. Each child has a child minder with them who can help the governess on a daily basis.
- Accompany family on a fully paid family vacation, as extra hand is needed, allowance given during travel for any meals out the governess has when family are not around.
- Teaching French to both children
- Fluent French and English (ideally native French speaker)
- Around 10 years of experience
- Recognised Early years or primary school qualification
- Montessori certified
- Must be structured but also be flexible when plans change
- DBS checked
- Must have driving licence
- Happy to travel with the family
Salary: £52K + (DOE)
Start date: October 2019
Hours: 5 days a week, 8 – 10 hours a day
Benefits: 30 days holiday + 1 annual return flight to home country
Throughout the year we work on numerous temporary contracts, often recruiting for household staff to work in exclusive private households across the UK (or occasionally abroad). It could be a couple of days to a few months’ work and salaries are often highly competitive.
If you are a freelancer or are in a position to take on temporary contracts, please apply now and we will add your CV to our ‘Temporary HOTLIST’ folder. This way whenever we have new and suitable roles come in, we can contact you directly.
Regular Temporary Positions
- Service staff
A large property in Surrey are currently recruiting a Thai Masseuse to come and work at their in-house Spa. You will be working alongside one other therapist to provide a professional and seamless service to the principal, his family and their guests throughout their stay. You will also be working alongside multiple private hospitality staff such as housekeepers, butlers and chefs to ensure the smooth running of the residence.
This role is to start as soon as possible and there is the option to live in at the staff residence, which is just next to the main property. Food will be provided on shift and the team are great to work with. This is a great option for someone wanting to find a permanent position in the private industry.
- Performing Thai Massage
- Other beauty treatments (e.g. nails)
- Working alongside team members
- Cleaning the spa
- Stock control
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Qualification in Thai massage
- Confident in other beauty treatments
- Happy to work in a small team
- 5* experience
- Happy to help out in other areas of the household
Hours: 5 days a week
Accommodation: Can be provided, en-suite bedroom in staff house
A mother moving to Cambridgeshire is looking for a Household Assistant to help with the running of her family home. The right candidate will be happy to get involved with all aspects of family life and be especially passionate about cooking and childcare.
We are searching for an ‘all-rounder’ who has experience cooking and housekeeping in a private household and is looking for their next long-term position. When in the UK you will be working with another person to ensure that the cooking, housekeeping and childcare is constantly maintained. The successful candidate will become an integral member of the household, spending a lot of time with the family in the UK and accompanying them on trips abroad. Therefore, we are looking for a flexible, reliable and trustworthy individual.
- Childcare for a teenage girl
- Pet care
- Travelling with the family
- Confident cook
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent longevity
- Childcare experience advantageous
- 5 ½ days a week
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: £20k + benefits
- Accommodation: private bedroom and bathroom in the family home
- Benefits: 4 weeks annual holiday, food included, holidays and private travel with the family