You need to have flair, imagination, great presentation skills, the ability to cook to a high standard and a genuine passion for food.
We take pride in how well we take care of our staff, from the standard of our accommodation to the amount of ski time we offer compared to other companies. Please call or drop us an email to find out more.
– Cooking breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and a 3-course evening meal for around 30 guests in your Chalet Hotel 6 days a week;
– Taking responsibility for food hygiene standards and processes in your kitchen;
– Ordering food to your chalet;
– Stock control, stock rotation and wastage minimisation.
As a relatively small company, we’re open to individual ideas and originality in our kitchens. We can give you set menu plans and templates to get you started, but one of the best things about working for us is your freedom to be creative and not cook the same meals week-in, week-out. We pride ourselves on the standard of cuisine that we offer and want you to be part of it.
-Two chalet-hotels in Megève: the Rond Point and the Sylvana;
-Five members of staff in each: Manager, Chef, Driver/Assistant and two Hosts;
-Resort Manager, Maintenance Person and Resort Administrator in resort for support
What we offer
– Competitive salary plus tips
– Travel to and from UK, medical insurance, food and good accommodation
– Ski / board and boot hire, full area (445km) ski pass and proper time off to use it
– A chance to influence your working environment and be part of catering decisions that will make your job and your food better
– Ski lessons for those who haven’t skied before or who want to improve
– One full day off every week, plus excellent ski time (usually 5-6 hours/day, 5 days a week unlike other companies)
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.
We are looking for a passionate and highly skilled Head Chef to lead the kitchen team at this award-winning chalet, a 14 bedroom restored 19th century Savoyard farmhouse.
Food is at the heart of our product, we have built an unrivalled reputation in the area for providing the highest level of contemporary dining to our discerning guests.
– To produce a full cooked and continental breakfast, afternoon tea and creative modern European 5 course evening meals for up to 30 guests, 6 days per week.
– Keep within allocated budgets.
– Supervision, training and guidance of a kitchen team comprising of a Sous Chef and CommisChef/KP.
– All aspects of ordering and stock rotation.
– Ensuring that all aspects of HACCP requirements are adhered to.
The Successful Candidate will:
– Have at least 3 years’ experience cooking in high end, fine dining establishments.
– Be creative, passionate and dedicated to their craft with a good understanding of contemporary fine dining and the ability to inspire and lead an ambitious kitchen team.
– Be an outgoing ‘people person’ capable of interacting with guests and maintaining a positive relationship with their colleagues.
– Be equally willing to take and give direction.
– Be self-motivated and confident in their ability to thrive in a demanding and high energy environment.
– Have a keen interest in snow sports and a passion for the mountains.
– Possess a rudimentary knowledge of French (not mandatory but preferred).
You can expect in return:
– To work in a well-equipped kitchen with access to a wide range of modern equipment including but not limited to Immersion circulators, Thermomix, Dehydrator, Bradley Smoker etc.
– Competitive salary.
– Full area Portes Du Soleil Ski Pass with 650 km of marked pistes spanning France and Switzerland.
– Travel health insurance.
– Travel to and from resort.
– Accommodation and food.
– Ski/Snowboard hire for the duration of the winter season.
The Chalet chefs are an extremely important part of the service that the company offer and this is a great opportunity to create fantastic tailor-made menus in your own kitchen.
From the teams, they expect an attitude whereby ‘Nothing is too much trouble’. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
• Look after the guests to the highest standard possible and therefore ensuring all of the guests benefit from the companies service/ food in chalets of up to 14
• Responsible for all of the food and domestic product shopping for your chalet
• Assisting in keeping your chalet clean and tidy at all times and creating a warm and friendly environment
• Maintaining your weekly budgets and ensuring all accounts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner
• Contact guests personally prior to their arrival to discuss dietary needs and menu options
• Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene kitchen standards on a daily basis
• Prepare welcome drinks/eats for new arrivals
• Provide full English, continental, and special options for the breakfast menu
• Provide afternoon tea with freshly baked cakes and biscuits
• Prepare children’s high tea if and when appropriate
• Create canapés and a four to five course evening meal with cheese, coffee and mints every day in a formal dining environment (except day off)
• Phone guests prior to arrival in order to discuss the menu plan and dietary requirements
• Create and plan weekly menus
• Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
• Ensure that your chalet kitchen is always clean and tidy
• Clear rubbish and collect bottles from the chalets daily
• On change over day, thoroughly clean the chalet kitchen and assist Host where necessary in main areas
• To take responsibility of weekly monies/budgets and present accounts to the Resort Manager on a weekly basis
• Responsible to complete all paperwork for the Hygiene Policy on a daily basis
• Together with your chalet team, be responsible for reporting overall basic maintenance within the chalet
• To work in other chalets/resorts when requested to do so by your Resort Manager
• Manage stock levels appropriately and ensure regular shopping is carried out
Essential Experience and Key Competencies
• Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef Qualification, Cooking School Certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
• Minimum of 1 year working experience with a qualification or 2 years without a qualification
• Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski seasons and luxury travel companies are all desirable
• 2nd Language is desirable – French or German would be preferred
• A Full UK/EU Driving Licence is desirable.
• Available for the whole season (November until the end of April)
• UK or EU Passport holder
• UK National Insurance Number
• UK Bank Account
Package and Benefits
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, the company offers a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:-
• A competitive salary
• Live out accommodation (wi-fi access where possible)
• Full area lift pass
• Ski/board equipment hire
• Full insurance (covering you in and out of work)
• Return travel from the UK
• Comprehensive training course
• Chefs and hosts are provided with all food on working days
• Career progression with summer opportunities in our Mediterranean programme.
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas.
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “We will surpass Client expectations”. You will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
Project a professional company image at all times
To do all menu design and planning
Calling clients at home the week prior to arrival to introduce yourselves and check on any dietary requirements and preferences.
Provide full breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and four/five course evening meal for 6 days per week
Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
Prepare children’s early dinner if and when appropriate
Exceed guests’ expectations on special occasions and events, i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, Valentines and corporate events.
Ensure all clients enjoy their dining experience
Work with chalet host to ensure all meals are served and cleared efficiently and professionally
Solely responsible for the hygienic upkeep of the kitchen. Keeping in line with health and safety standards.
Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of service – a friendly, inviting environment with the standard of service of a 5* hotel
Assist in keeping your chalet clean and tidy at all times creating a warm, friendly environment
Assist as necessary with chalet cleaning duties especially on handover day
To do all the shopping for food, wine and drink supplies and domestic stuffs for your chalet, keeping within set budgets
Manage wine inventory and supply
Be responsible for all budgeting in your chalet
Provide weekly accounts accompanied by receipts
When on duty, wear uniform at all times and ensure personal grooming is always impeccable.
Comply with food hygiene regulations at all times, and report any potential hazards/problems immediately
Keep fridges and freezers clean and record temperatures daily.
Ability to be flexible to any reasonable changes to this schedule
Abilities and expectations
Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
Neat and well groomed
Good self motivation and ability to work on own initiative
Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
Ability to tolerate long hours and work under pressure
Permanent NI number
Recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
Basic food hygiene certificate
Previous hospitality or customer service experience
Previous ski chalet catering experience preferred or experience of ski chalet holidays
Wages and Benefits
Salary paid in UK bank account
Lift pass and ski insurance
Travel between UK and resort at start and end of season
Discretionary performance based end of season bonus
From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “Nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
• Ensure that all our guests benefit from the highest possible level of service
• To do all the shopping for food and domestic stuffs for your chalet
• To do all menu design and planning
• Provide full breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and four/five course evening meal
• Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
• Prepare children’s early dinner if and when appropriate
• Assist in keeping your chalet clean and tidy at all times creating a warm, friendly environment
• Be responsible for all budgeting in your chalet
• Provide weekly accounts
• Be responsible for reporting overall basic maintenance within the chalet
Abilities and Expectations
• Strong fine dining catering experience
• Team player
• Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
• Good self motivation
• Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
• Professional at all times
• You must have a valid UK NI number, UK bank account, UK address AND have paid UK tax and NI in the UK within 12 months prior to your secondment to France
• Travel to and from resort
• Accommodation – own bedroom
• Ski Hire
• Lift Pass
• Food whilst on duty
• Competitive Weekly salary
This independently-run chalet is now currently seeking a fine dining chef for the remainder of the winter season. The chalet sleeps 12 which is the most you’ll ever be catering for, some of which may be children.
This is a truly exciting and rewarding job opportunity, a chance to work in an amazing alpine destination. Delivering a first class hospitality service whilst creating unique and memorable holiday experiences for all our guests. Learn and develop your hospitality and customer service skill set whilst enjoying the benefits of working in the French Alps. The right candidate will have previous experience in a hospitality or hotel role and be highly customer service driven. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, willingness to go that much extra and have the passion and drive for this challenging, hands on role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• preparation and service of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés, four-five course formal evening meal and after dinner petit fours
• tailored menu designing and planning for each group of guests
• catering for all guests special dietary requirements
• catering for all requests for special occasions
• catering for children and nannies (including early lunches and dinners when required)
• maintaining food hygiene, general health & safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
• keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and presentable at all times
• assisting with the management of chalet food budgets
• assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
• planning and preparation of staff meals
• shopping when required within a provided budget
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
• Previous 5* catering experience is essential. Chalet catering experience is desirable.
• Exceptional delivery of customer service to a 5 star standard
• Extremely high work standards
• Professional attitude and polite
• Self-motivated, proactive and great initiative
• Organised, reliable and punctual
• Stamina and willingness to go the extra mile
• Positive and great staff relationships
• Clean appearance, well presented, no facial piercings or visible tattoos
• Full clean driver’s license
• UK NI number and UK bank account
• Competitive salary
• Transport to and from resort
• Portes Du Soleil season pass
• Ski/ Snowboard hire
• Job training and development
• An amazing work environment
The role of Chalet Chef is to oversee the smooth delivery of our company catered product in any one of our luxury chalets ensuring that guest expectations are met at every stage of their culinary experience with us. We are a small team and this is a ‘hands on’ position where the Chef is expected to help with all aspects of the delivering the chalet product as and when required.
Season dates: December – April (17 weeks). Staff training normally takes place during the first half of December, dates TBC.
We are currently recruiting for a chef to work in a brand new 28 luxury apartment, Apart hotel in St. Anton.
We are looking for a Head and Sous Chef to work with the support of a Commis/KA, and you will be providing a breakfast and dinner service. You will be a key member of a dynamic team of 16 people, working as part of a company with a large in resort team. You will either have a restaurant, fine dining, exclusive chalet or yacht background and you will be required to design menus, order food and supplies (which will all be delivered) , work with a generous budget, as well as managing the kitchen and all aspects of the catering.
Dates will be mid-late November start until end April.
• Running the kitchen of a brasserie style / a la carte a restaurant with 40 covers
• Tailoring to the guests and dietary requirement
Providing meals for up to 20 staff
• Maintaining food hygiene, general health & safety (HACCP) standards in the brand new kitchen and storage areas
• Managing ordering, deliveries and budgeting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Head chef with previous relevant experience.
• Hands on chef with the ability to lead a team
• Passion for food and presentation
• Team player
¥ Competitive Salary
¥ Performance related bonus
¥ Private Accommodation
¥ Travel to and from resort
• Three meals a day
• Full Season all area lift pass
• Ski equipment
We are a luxury boutique hotel and exclusive chalet between Val D’Isère and Les Arcs, in the Tarantaise ski station of Sainte Foy.
We pride ourselves on offering a personal and friendly service – we offer a very high standard of cuisine and attend to our guests every need. We choose our staff based on personality and work ethic with a highly professional 5* service mentality. We make sure you enjoy your season so that you can give your guests a great and memorable holiday experience.
Applicants need to have run a catered chalet before, or have catering and hospitality experience, be aged 23 and over, have clean driving licenses and EU passports with visas to work for a UK company. You must be fun and charming with excellent hosting and management skills. Spoken French and ski experience an advantage.
Instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of the chalet. You will be incredibly organised and be able to easily multitask.
You will be a natural leader and motivator who will take charge of the team and inspire them to have a passion for what they do and the delivery of a seamless service.
You will ensure that all problems within the chalet are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and that nothing is ever too much trouble.
You will be responsible for the overall operation of the chalet, admin support and liaison with UK bookings manager. Management of cost controls and budgets. Close liaison with guests, their personal arrangements and requests. Cleaning of chalet bedrooms and bathrooms daily with full weekly changeover
Your guest care must be outstanding and your eye for detail instinctive. As the accommodation manager you will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality, demonstrate an efficient, organised approach to tasks, have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate the team.
Your duties will include providing breakfast, afternoon tea and a tempting four course fine dining evening meal delivered with imagination and continuous variation. You will also need to be able to manage your stock and budget efficiently.
The Chalet Chef should be confident, experienced in fine dining cuisine and have a passion for producing delicious, well presented food and take pride in what you do. You must have experience and strong organisational skills to work in a clean and efficient manner as the kitchen is very much part of the chalet . You will ideally have rosette/Michelin experience or have previous 5* chalet cheffing experience.
We require an experienced chef with a fine dining background (ideally with Michelin/AA Rosette experience). Our chef will preferably be classically trained and should be passionate about preparing stunningly presented and truly mouth-watering dishes. They will be expected to use their experience and flair to develop and deliver creative menus of the highest standard, whilst remaining entirely flexible with regard to the individual guests’ requirements.
You will be fully supported by our management team, who will regularly visit each chalet to liaise with the guests and to ensure that the White Mountain Chalets product is being delivered consistently across all chalets. You will therefore have full support of management if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Recognised catering qualification or extensive experience
• Extensive fine dining experience, preferable in Michelin or AA Rosette establishments or wide-ranging experience in high-end private dining (5-star chalets, yachts, private household etc.)
• Experience of working with customers
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
• All applicants must be in possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number
• Menu design and planning for each group of guests
• Tailoring menus to cater for all guests’ needs and dietary requirements
• Preparation of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and five course evening meal
• Catering for children’s and nannies’ high tea as required
• Maintaining food hygiene and general health and safety standards in the kitchen and dining area
• Keeping the kitchen and storage areas clean, tidy and presentable at all times
• Responsibility for food procurement
• Working to an agreed budget and running through accounts weekly with the logistics manager
• Managing chalet stocks
• Responsible for going down the mountain one day a week to do your food shop for the following week’s menu
• Assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
• Assisting with driving duties to/from the shops as required
• On changeover day, working as a team with the chalet hosts to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guest arrival