We are looking for conscientious, organised, customer service orientated Chalet Managers to work in our luxury chalets.
The individual should have extensive experience in the hospitality industry. The overwhelming requirement is the ability to offer the service and care that our guests have come to expect. The team of 4 cover all aspects of the guests stay to an exceptionally high level.
The Chalet Manager will be responsible for the efficient management and day to day running of the chalet and will ensure that guests are well cared for and all their needs are being met. The job includes managing all aspects of the running of the chalet, food and wine service (and sales), ordering wine, cleaning, accounting, purchase of ski passes, daily maintenance of the spa, end of week invoicing, organising guests’ in-resort requirements, booking restaurants etc.
They are also responsible for the management of the Chalet Host and Chauffeur and will liaise directly with the Chef.
The role also includes ensuring that the chalet is spotless and well maintained at all times. Customer service and hospitality experience are clearly vital skills; along with a mature, caring attitude that shows that nothing is too much trouble for your guests. You must be confident with excel for stock taking and have attention to detail with figures for the billing of the guests and bookkeeping required.
The successful candidates will have great customer service skills, excellent table service, accounting and stocktaking knowledge and be well-versed in front of house and cleaning.
We are looking for managers with at least 3 years previous experience in high end hospitality (boats or luxury ski chalets).
There may be times when you will need to drive the guests around resort so should be happy driving in winter conditions.
You should be able to ski/snowboard or be willing to learn!
You will need a European passport, UK NI Number and EHIC card, and full driving licence.
You will manage the day-to-day running and operation of one of our hotels; maintain all standards, ensure the hotel meets health, safety and hygiene standards, achieve budget and maximise profitability whilst ensuring your team deliver first-class service to our guests.
• Assume overall responsibility and ownership for the effective, compliant and profitable running of the hotel
• Ensure the hotel meets local health, hygiene and safety standards
• Implement and maintain all standards & procedures laid out in the management manuals
• Retain a high profile presence with guests and staff
• Establish, develop and maintain professional working relationships with all department managers, local staff and external companies
• Develop your professional reputation within resort
• Dealing with guest complaints and problem-solving
• Manage and motivate your team to operate the hotel effectively
• Devise and implement pre-season and on-going training plans for your team
• Conduct staff reviews, appraisals and any disciplinary or grievance matters
• Devise and Manage Hotel rota and timesheets in line with French labour Law
• Compliance with French labour law –overseeing and manage legal documents in the event of an inspection
• Monitor and control all hotel budgets, costs and monies
• Proactively increase hotel revenue
• Overall responsibility for accurate and timely financial reporting
Abilities and Skills
• Present a positive ‘can do’ attitude
• Dynamic personality with exceptional stamina
• A passionate leader by example
• Ability to manage staff
• Calm, confident and professional
• Organised, flexible and proactive to achieve and improve standards
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Manage guest and staff conflict head on to avoid matters escalating
• Good problem solving skills
• At least 2 years’ management experience within the service industry
• Previous overseas seasonal experience in a supervisory role or a good understanding of the ski industry
• Excellent management and numerical skills
Package and Benefits
• Return travel to/from UK
• Medical insurance
• Comfortable accommodation
• All meals
• Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
• Lift pass, ski equipment hire and discounted lessons for beginners
• Smart uniform
• Holiday concessions for friends and family
• A competitive salary
• Comprehensive training
• Opportunity to work year-round
We personally own and have built/renovated our 3 chalets, which make for a far more personal experience for our guests. Each and every item within them has been hand picked for the spaces within the chalets. This is the level of detail that we achieve to enable us to deliver an outstanding holiday to our guests. A testament of our success is that nearly 50% of our guests return each year. They come back to us not only for the beautiful chalets and the fantastic skiing in the 3 valleys, but the friendly, hard working and committed team. It is the motivation and sheer determination of our team which makes us what we are today. By joining our team you will be part of a close-knit, friendly team who have a passion for high standards and professionalism. We offer unique opportunities in a friendly and supportive environment. People are key to our success and we value our team – we recognise we cannot do it without you.
This role has the potential to be an annual winter position for the right person and offers a unique opportunity to fine tune areas of the role to tailor it to you. It is a fantastic environment to learn more about how to run a business and to offer insight where all ideas are always welcomed, taken on board and acted on when appropriate. You will work hand in hand with the company owner, sharing the same office so instant decisions, insights, guidance and support is readily available.
St Martin de Belleville, France. St Martin is a beautiful, traditional mountain village, small, friendly and directly linked into the heart of the 3 Vallées ski area. Our chalets are located in Villarabout, a small hamlet 4 minutes drive or 12 minutes walk to St
Start of November 2017 to end April 2018
• Highly competitive salary
• End of season bonus
• Own studio apartment
• Most food & drink
• FULL 3 vallees lift pass (covers the Belleville valley, Meribel & Courchevel; worth £1000)
• Ski/board and boot hire
• Ski insurance
• Transport to & from UK
• Holiday pay
Likely to be over 30 years; for vehicle insurance purposes & younger applicants are unlikely to have sufficient experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Previous experience in the hospitality industry in either luxury hotels, fine dining restaurants or luxury chalets (essential)
• Previous experience of successfully managing a hospitality team of at least 6 people (essential)
• Life experience as this will enable you to have a different perspective of the business and the environment of the role. It will also aid you in the management of the team
• Exceptional service standards – you are used to delivering a tailored service with attention to detail
• Possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop relationships with all our guests & the team
• Previous administration experience
• Previous experience of driving on snow and driving on the right hand side of the road
• Clean, full driving licence essential
• Have skied/boarded for a minimum of 3 weeks
• UK national insurance number & UK bank account
ABILITIES & QUALITIES
Successful candidates will have the following key qualities & attributes:
• A people person is key as the focus of our company is to offer a warm, friendly and personal service
• Outstanding attention to detail & the confidence to demand the same from others at all times
• The ability to deliver a warm and charming management style which will engage our guests
• Able to build and manage a motivated and high performing team committed to delivering memorable holidays
• Overall you will have bags of personality, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude (able to deal with challenging situations & ‘take the bull by the horns’)
• A passion for delivering excellent customer service
• Confident communicator both written and verbal
• An excellent time keeper
• A fun personality; our guests are coming on holiday to have fun as well as relax in beautiful surroundings. You will need to be someone that is described as a swan. When things are busy and not going well when you are paddling fast to keep up, you appear graceful and charming on the surface
• The running of staff training week with the other Managers. The aim of the training is to provide all the chalet teams with adequate knowledge to enable us to operate successfully, this will include;
– Providing information regarding the day to day running of the chalets.
– Cooking training to ensure all cooks are comfortable with set menus with particular emphasis on presentation.
– Kitchen hygiene and chalet cleaning duties training.
– Supervision of practice dinners and breakfasts, including table laying and serving.
– Expected standards and personal presentation.
– Transfer day training
– Resort information and familiarisation.
• Assist in taking inventories/handing over of chalets.
• Ensuring all equipment is present and working correctly prior to staff entering their chalets.
• Supervise chalet cleaning and opening.
Throughout the Season
• Regular chalet checking (4 chalets once a week). Follow up chalet checks to ensure that recommendations have been carried out.
• One weekly breakfast visit per chalet to ensure punctuality and maintain standards.
• Client liaison – visiting clients in their chalets (2 evenings per week) to ensure they are satisfied with their holiday. If any problems crop up, take necessary steps to solve these. Join guests for dinner in chalets to ensure high standards of food and service are maintained (when appropriate).
• Distribution of ski passes on transfer day.
• Organising ski school and ski hire for clients when required.
• Arranging any other non-ski related activities requested by the client.
• Day off staff cover and restaurant runs.
• Food budgets and stock control across the board for all chalets – oversee weekly shopping and store room lists.
• Buying and delivering any extra food if required during week.
• Arranging staff cover in the case of illness (filling in if necessary).
• Organise the weekly chalet shop.
• Distributing room allocations and guest information to chalet staff including any information or help required for “special dietary requirements”.
• Holding weekly staff meeting.
• Minimum one winter season working for a Chalet Operator
• Conversational French
• Available from beginning Nov – mid May
• 3 Valley lift pass
• Own flat
• Weekly salary paid into UK bank account
• Ski/board for season
• Return travel to UK
• Food allowance
We are a luxury boutique hotel and exclusive chalet between Val D’Isère and Les Arcs, in the Tarantaise ski station of Sainte Foy.
We pride ourselves on offering a personal and friendly service – we offer a very high standard of cuisine and attend to our guests every need. We choose our staff based on personality and work ethic with a highly professional 5* service mentality. We make sure you enjoy your season so that you can give your guests a great and memorable holiday experience.
Applicants need to have run a catered chalet before, or have catering and hospitality experience, be aged 23 and over, have clean driving licenses and EU passports with visas to work for a UK company. You must be fun and charming with excellent hosting and management skills. Spoken French and ski experience an advantage.
Instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of the chalet. You will be incredibly organised and be able to easily multitask.
You will be a natural leader and motivator who will take charge of the team and inspire them to have a passion for what they do and the delivery of a seamless service.
You will ensure that all problems within the chalet are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and that nothing is ever too much trouble.
You will be responsible for the overall operation of the chalet, admin support and liaison with UK bookings manager. Management of cost controls and budgets. Close liaison with guests, their personal arrangements and requests. Cleaning of chalet bedrooms and bathrooms daily with full weekly changeover
Your guest care must be outstanding and your eye for detail instinctive. As the accommodation manager you will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality, demonstrate an efficient, organised approach to tasks, have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate the team.
Your duties will include providing breakfast, afternoon tea and a tempting four course fine dining evening meal delivered with imagination and continuous variation. You will also need to be able to manage your stock and budget efficiently.
The Chalet Chef should be confident, experienced in fine dining cuisine and have a passion for producing delicious, well presented food and take pride in what you do. You must have experience and strong organisational skills to work in a clean and efficient manner as the kitchen is very much part of the chalet . You will ideally have rosette/Michelin experience or have previous 5* chalet cheffing experience.
We are looking for a Resort Manager to work directly with the company owners to assist in the smooth running of the day-to-day operations, and also to ensure that the team of 12 other staff members provide the highest level of service, in line with our company values and to maintain our excellent reputation.
It is an extremely rewarding role and the experience gained by directly working with the company owners will benefit you in all walks of life! It is, however, a very demanding role with lots of responsibility – and therefore not for everyone.
You will help to manage a team of 12 staff members in Reberty Village and your duties will include (but not be restricted to) the following:
Management of day to day chalet operations including stock control, stores management, snow clearing, deliveries, staff liaison etc.
Changeover day – welcoming new guests and sending off departing guests. Ensuring the levels of cleanliness in the chalets are at required standards and ensuring staff morale is as high as possible: changeover days are long – for everyone!
Quality control – monitoring the pre-determined QC measures through regular chalet visits and chalet operations supervision, including monitoring food hygiene on a daily basis
Taking responsibility for maintenance lists and ensuring the chalets are running correctly
Responsibility for in resort organisation of extras such as massages, short-notice ski lessons etc.
Monitoring staff appearance and personal hygiene in line with Company Policy
Health and Safety visits weekly in all chalets
(Other) Staff day off – you will be required to go into the chalets in the morning to ensure guests are happy, bins are emptied (where necessary), kitchens tidied (where necessary) and to put afternoon tea out for guests.
Over 25 years old for insurance purposes and also if you are younger it is unlikely you will have the experience we are looking for.
What Qualities and Abilities are we looking for?
Personality – confident, outgoing, strong, people person – you need to provide a friendly, warm and personal but professional service at all times. You will also need to know how to have some fun as well!
Outstanding organisational skills and team management
Ability to work independently and to problem solve – following up consistently on any outstanding issues
Presentable, clean appearance with excellent interpersonal and guest relationship management skills
Absolute attention to detail and the ability to command the same from other team members
A passion for delivering excellent customer service
An excellent timekeeper
Qualifications, experience and achievements
Hospitality and customer service experience essential in either fine dining restaurants, hotels or other luxury chalet companies
Full, clean driving licence
Past experience of managing a hospitality team of at least 6 people
Exceptional service standards
Excellent customer service skills with your ability to communicate with all types of guests and team members
Administration experience required – computer literate
Previous experience of driving on snow and on the right hand side of the road
UK National Insurance number essential
You have skied or snowboarded for a minimum of 3 weeks
French language skills – written and oral (telephone confidence necessary)
Provide the highest level of customer service possible for every guest
Regularly checking in with guests in the mornings and evenings to ensure they have everything they need and don’t require assistance from you – for example booking more lessons
Anticipation of guests’ needs and proactively recommend and identify opportunities to enhance guest satisfaction and experience
Relationships with suppliers and partners are crucially important and you need to ensure you maintain strong relationships
You need to be highly knowledgeable of our service, the area, restaurants and weather at all times
You need to constantly create a warm and friendly atmosphere from the very beginning of the guests’ stay until the moment they leave (and occasionally beyond!)
Excellent monthly salary + potential bonus at the end of the season
Company laptop and internet access
Seasonal ski pass
Return transport to and from London
Private accommodation in resort
Food and drink
One full day off per week with plenty of ski time for the rest of the week
The job starts at the November 2017 and you will be required to work in resort until the end of April 2018.
This is a challenging yet rewarding senior management position starting January until the end of the season. The successful candidate with have a solid background in a 5* hospitality environment, will have managed chalets previously and will have experience in guests concierge.
• Responsible for a team of 6 – including organising staff rotas, day to day staff management and managing any disciplinary action as required
• Basic chalet accounts
• Guest relations – to liaise with guests once passed over from HR/ Sales manager, prepare a manifest with information on the guests requirements such as transfers, ski hire, dietary requirements and so on. The candidate must have prior experience of such a role and be confident in working together with suppliers to make bookings/ reservations
• Complete an in depth manager’s report upon departure for each guest to send to HR/ Sales manager
• Keep track of suppliers used, totals and commission invoices for the end of season
• Responsible for updating list of recommended restaurants/ resort activities/ wine lists etc
• Prepare guest welcome letter at beginning of stay and feedback form at end of stay, also end of stay invoice/ taking payment for any additional activities/ services
• Oversee the service/ HK in each chalet and make sure this is up to the owners standards
• Help out with service/ HK where/ if necessary
• Have responsibility for chalet budgets, monitor chalet stock and replenishment
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
• previous ski season experience at a managerial level
• knowledge of Val d’Isere – basic knowledge of the ski area, restaurants etc.
• French would be advantageous
• strong admin and organizational skills
• experience liaising with guests & suppliers. You will be briefed on the preferred suppliers at the start of secondment
• confident in managing staff
• good eye and attention to detail/ cleanliness
• you must have a clean driving license and be confident driving in the snow
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• ski in/ski out private accommodation in chalet
• ski hire
• lift pass
• food when on duty
• competitive weekly salary
• end of season bonus
It is essential to have a high level of understanding of the luxury chalet industry, service and working in resort/France.
Your main responsibilities will be guest satisfaction, employee performance and upholding chalet appearance/ standards. You will be managing a large chalet sleeping 20 guests and 9 staff.
Day to day Chalet management of guests and staff
Communication with guests to provide concierge service, deal with and issues that may arise and go ‘over and beyond’ to exceed their expectations
Hold regular staff meetings- report back to management with ideas to drive standards, improve staff performance and communicate guest feedback.
Manage client expenses, take payments, scheduling of staff
Skiing with clients
Property management- liaise with relevant tradesmen, suppliers etc, property checks
Inventory management- stock takes, ordering, moving stock between chalets
Manage setup and close down of chalet
Produce ideas to cut operational costs
Manage client expenses, take payments
Scheduling of staff
French language is desirable but not essential
Management experience in hospitality industry
Good skiing ability and knowledge of local resorts is desirable but not essential
High standard and knowledge of service and wine
Great interpersonal skills- ability to build relationships with clients and well as maintain a good working relationship with employees
Eye for detail- level of cleanliness, standard of service
Basic computer skills- spreadsheets, emails etc
Ability to overcome logistical issues, problem solver, highly organised
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SUCCESSFUL RUNNING OF OUR MERIBEL RESORT OPERATION COMPRISING OF:
– Operations Manager responsible for 8 drivers (In resort transport, airport transfers, general maintenance).
– Transport manager (transport licence holder)
– 3 chalet managers (including head chef) responsible for 9 chalets (9 chefs , 19 hosts).
– Guest services & office manager.
– 2-3 nannies
– Chalet Le Grenier (team of 5 including chalet manager, chef, driver/maintenance and two hosts)
This role is extremely demanding and diverse, therefore requiring the individual to have significant previous experience in working in ski resort or hotel management, managing large teams of people. You will need to be a dedicated, self motivated and individual with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. In addition having a great deal of flexibility and “can do” attitude the following key skills are required for this role:
o Fluent French speaker
o Excellent communication and leadership skills
o Excellent motivational and organisational skills
o Proven track record of managing people in a ski resort or hotel successfully
o Proven track record of managing and overseeing all the financial aspects of a resort or hotel operation within pre-agreed budgets for all departments
o Full, clean driving license,
o Basic book keeping, IT and other general administrative skills
As Chalet Manager you will be working as part of a small team running one of our two exceptional chalets. You will be supervising and working closely with the Chalet Host, Chalet Chef and Driver making sure our standards are met at all times. You will also be the main point of contact for the guests, dealing with their requests and requirements and ultimately being responsible for the daily overall smooth running of your chalet.
This is a diverse and extremely challenging role, totally hands on and with the main emphasis on customer service, so if you thrive on delivering a top class product then this position could be for you!
WHAT SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED:
• relevant hospitality and customer service – a previous background in 4/5 star establishments with silver service/fine dining experience (hospitality degree/NVQ desirable)
• previous general management experience
• basic academics – including maths, English and Computer skills to include word and spread sheets
• conversational French (preferred)
• excellent management and organisational skills
• team player
• great guest and staff relations and interpersonal skills
• nothing is too much trouble attitude
• full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of three years (preferred)
• holder of an EU passport
WHAT ABILITIES AND QUALITIES ARE REQUIRED:
– Professional attitude: retaining our ethos at all times, highly professional with a 5 star mentality
– Customer service orientated: providing the highest levels of service, a wanting to constantly please and takes pride in their team and chalet
– Strong people skills: able to quickly build rapport and easily establish relationships with guests. Able to relate well to different types of people; listens
– Guest focussed: puts the guest first and is committed to please them. Works hard to meet guest needs and look after their interests
– Attention to detail: a natural perfectionist, highly passionate about cleanliness and tidiness, smart in own and team’s appearance
– Leads by example: creates and manages a happy and effective team
– Team player: fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
– Ability to work under pressure: able to react well to change, can work quickly when needed but not missing the importance of quality standards
– Organisation: forward thinking, able to prioritise and prepare in advance, highly flexible and proactive
– Reliability: excellent time keeper, follows direction from the company owners, committed to the role and completing the season
– Driving skills: confident, careful, considerate and law abiding.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Package and Benefits:
– Competitive salary
– A rewarding and stunning work environment
– Good standard of accommodation (wi-fi access where possible)
– Food during working hours
– Full area ski pass (Portes du Soleil)
– Equipment Hire
– Comprehensive training
– Travel to resort from UK/Ireland at the beginning of the season and back to the UK/Ireland at the end of the season.
– Laundry facilities