The chalet is an 8-bed, high end property located in the ski resort of Val Thorens. This is their second season operating the property and a large majority of the clients are Russian.
• Overall management of the property
• Guest relations – to meet and greets with guests on arrival and to make bookings/ reservations when necessary, as well as general guest liaison during their stay
• Management of the other staff, including chefs, drivers and housekeepers
• Management of staff rotas and schedules
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This role would suit individuals with the following skill set:
• Previous experience of overseeing a chalet or similar property
• Russian language skills essential
• Confident in guest liaison
• Good eye and attention to detail/ cleanliness
• A clean driving license
OUR SALARY PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• private accommodation in a nearby apartment
• Food when the chalet is booked
• €4000-5000 per month depending on experience
• The running of staff training week with the other Managers. The aim of the training is to provide all the chalet teams with adequate knowledge to enable us to operate successfully, this will include;
– Providing information regarding the day to day running of the chalets.
– Cooking training to ensure all cooks are comfortable with set menus with particular emphasis on presentation.
– Kitchen hygiene and chalet cleaning duties training.
– Supervision of practice dinners and breakfasts, including table laying and serving.
– Expected standards and personal presentation.
– Transfer day training
– Resort information and familiarisation.
• Assist in taking inventories/handing over of chalets.
• Ensuring all equipment is present and working correctly prior to staff entering their chalets.
• Supervise chalet cleaning and opening.
Throughout the Season
• Regular chalet checking (4 chalets once a week). Follow up chalet checks to ensure that recommendations have been carried out.
• One weekly breakfast visit per chalet to ensure punctuality and maintain standards.
• Client liaison – visiting clients in their chalets (2 evenings per week) to ensure they are satisfied with their holiday. If any problems crop up, take necessary steps to solve these. Join guests for dinner in chalets to ensure high standards of food and service are maintained (when appropriate).
• Distribution of ski passes on transfer day.
• Organising ski school and ski hire for clients when required.
• Arranging any other non-ski related activities requested by the client.
• Day off staff cover and restaurant runs.
• Food budgets and stock control across the board for all chalets – oversee weekly shopping and store room lists.
• Buying and delivering any extra food if required during week.
• Arranging staff cover in the case of illness (filling in if necessary).
• Organise the weekly chalet shop.
• Distributing room allocations and guest information to chalet staff including any information or help required for “special dietary requirements”.
• Holding weekly staff meeting.
• Minimum one winter season working for a Chalet Operator
• Conversational French
• Available from beginning Nov – mid May
• 3 Valley lift pass
• Own flat
• Weekly salary paid into UK bank account
• Ski/board for season
• Return travel to UK
• Food allowance
We are a luxury boutique hotel and exclusive chalet between Val D’Isère and Les Arcs, in the Tarantaise ski station of Sainte Foy.
We pride ourselves on offering a personal and friendly service – we offer a very high standard of cuisine and attend to our guests every need. We choose our staff based on personality and work ethic with a highly professional 5* service mentality. We make sure you enjoy your season so that you can give your guests a great and memorable holiday experience.
Applicants need to have run a catered chalet before, or have catering and hospitality experience, be aged 23 and over, have clean driving licenses and EU passports with visas to work for a UK company. You must be fun and charming with excellent hosting and management skills. Spoken French and ski experience an advantage.
Instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of the chalet. You will be incredibly organised and be able to easily multitask.
You will be a natural leader and motivator who will take charge of the team and inspire them to have a passion for what they do and the delivery of a seamless service.
You will ensure that all problems within the chalet are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and that nothing is ever too much trouble.
You will be responsible for the overall operation of the chalet, admin support and liaison with UK bookings manager. Management of cost controls and budgets. Close liaison with guests, their personal arrangements and requests. Cleaning of chalet bedrooms and bathrooms daily with full weekly changeover
Your guest care must be outstanding and your eye for detail instinctive. As the accommodation manager you will need to have a friendly and outgoing personality, demonstrate an efficient, organised approach to tasks, have excellent communication skills and the ability to lead and motivate the team.
Your duties will include providing breakfast, afternoon tea and a tempting four course fine dining evening meal delivered with imagination and continuous variation. You will also need to be able to manage your stock and budget efficiently.
The Chalet Chef should be confident, experienced in fine dining cuisine and have a passion for producing delicious, well presented food and take pride in what you do. You must have experience and strong organisational skills to work in a clean and efficient manner as the kitchen is very much part of the chalet . You will ideally have rosette/Michelin experience or have previous 5* chalet cheffing experience.
Acting as part of the senior overseas management team:
Based: Le Praz (winter) / Putney temporarily
Contract – Proposed Start 18th September 2017 (TBC)
London Hours (Sept-Oct) 5 days per week (9.00-17.30)
Winter Months (Nov-Apr) 6 days per week (Le Praz office hours)
Salary: £20,000 subject to UK Tax and NI Deductions (pro rata)
Holiday: 15 days including UK bank holidays (date restrictive in winter months)
Winter Benefits: 3V Ski Pass / Ski Insurance / Use of Company vehicle for work purposes/Seasonal Accommodation in Le Praz
This role will initially be based in the Putney Office to enable the successful applicant to fully understand their responsibilities before taking on a general management role in our French Office, working as part of the seasonal management team. A key role with the main objective to facilitate the smooth running of the French and Austrian Chalet Operation in the resorts of Val d’Isere, Courchevel, Meribel and St Anton.
The role will involve overseeing resort operations as a whole, including but not limited to logistics, vehicle and transfer-day operations, service quality within chalets, resort expenditure, back of house processes/systems, alternative resort revenue potential (e.g. ski packs), staff management and guest welfare.
The successful applicant will be…
Main Duties will include…
Stores & Logistics:
Staff Management, Recruitment and Training:
This role is currently intended on a contract basis between September 2017 & April 2018. It could progress to a career building permanent role based on performance and potential growth of The Company.
As Chalet Manager you will be working as part of a small team running one of our two exceptional chalets. You will be supervising and working closely with the Chalet Host, Chalet Chef and Driver making sure our standards are met at all times. You will also be the main point of contact for the guests, dealing with their requests and requirements and ultimately being responsible for the daily overall smooth running of your chalet.
This is a diverse and extremely challenging role, totally hands on and with the main emphasis on customer service, so if you thrive on delivering a top class product then this position could be for you!
WHAT SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ARE REQUIRED:
• relevant hospitality and customer service – a previous background in 4/5 star establishments with silver service/fine dining experience (hospitality degree/NVQ desirable)
• previous general management experience
• basic academics – including maths, English and Computer skills to include word and spread sheets
• conversational French (preferred)
• excellent management and organisational skills
• team player
• great guest and staff relations and interpersonal skills
• nothing is too much trouble attitude
• full, clean driving licence held for a minimum of three years (preferred)
• holder of an EU passport
WHAT ABILITIES AND QUALITIES ARE REQUIRED:
– Professional attitude: retaining our ethos at all times, highly professional with a 5 star mentality
– Customer service orientated: providing the highest levels of service, a wanting to constantly please and takes pride in their team and chalet
– Strong people skills: able to quickly build rapport and easily establish relationships with guests. Able to relate well to different types of people; listens
– Guest focussed: puts the guest first and is committed to please them. Works hard to meet guest needs and look after their interests
– Attention to detail: a natural perfectionist, highly passionate about cleanliness and tidiness, smart in own and team’s appearance
– Leads by example: creates and manages a happy and effective team
– Team player: fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
– Ability to work under pressure: able to react well to change, can work quickly when needed but not missing the importance of quality standards
– Organisation: forward thinking, able to prioritise and prepare in advance, highly flexible and proactive
– Reliability: excellent time keeper, follows direction from the company owners, committed to the role and completing the season
– Driving skills: confident, careful, considerate and law abiding.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Package and Benefits:
– Competitive salary
– A rewarding and stunning work environment
– Good standard of accommodation (wi-fi access where possible)
– Food during working hours
– Full area ski pass (Portes du Soleil)
– Equipment Hire
– Comprehensive training
– Travel to resort from UK/Ireland at the beginning of the season and back to the UK/Ireland at the end of the season.
– Laundry facilities
Each of their employees is carefully selected for their abilities in accordance with high standards and their resort teams have an unparalleled knowledge of the area.
They know that their staff are integral to what they do and each of their chalets has a dedicated and experienced team consisting of a manager, professionally-trained chef, hostess, driver and assistant.
It is essential to have a high level of understanding of the luxury chalet industry, service and working in resort/France.
Your main responsibilities will be guest satisfaction, employee performance and upholding chalet appearance/ standards. You will be managing a large chalet sleeping 20 guests and 9 staff.
Day to day Chalet management of guests and staff
Communication with guests to provide concierge service, deal with and issues that may arise and go ‘over and beyond’ to exceed their expectations
Hold regular staff meetings- report back to management with ideas to drive standards, improve staff performance and communicate guest feedback.
Manage client expenses, take payments, scheduling of staff
Skiing with clients
Property management- liaise with relevant tradesmen, suppliers etc, property checks
Inventory management- stock takes, ordering, moving stock between chalets
Manage setup and close down of chalet
Produce ideas to cut operational costs
Manage client expenses, take payments
Scheduling of staff
French language is desirable but not essential
Management experience in hospitality industry
Good skiing ability and knowledge of local resorts is desirable but not essential
High standard and knowledge of service and wine
Great interpersonal skills- ability to build relationships with clients and well as maintain a good working relationship with employees
Eye for detail- level of cleanliness, standard of service
Basic computer skills- spreadsheets, emails etc
Ability to overcome logistical issues, problem solver, highly organised
We are looking for a Resort Manager to work directly with the company owners to assist in the smooth running of the day-to-day operations, and also to ensure that the team of 12 other staff members provide the highest level of service, in line with our company values and to maintain our excellent reputation.
It is an extremely rewarding role and the experience gained by directly working with the company owners will benefit you in all walks of life! It is, however, a very demanding role with lots of responsibility – and therefore not for everyone.
You will help to manage a team of 12 staff members in Reberty Village and your duties will include (but not be restricted to) the following:
Management of day to day chalet operations including stock control, stores management, snow clearing, deliveries, staff liaison etc.
Changeover day – welcoming new guests and sending off departing guests. Ensuring the levels of cleanliness in the chalets are at required standards and ensuring staff morale is as high as possible: changeover days are long – for everyone!
Quality control – monitoring the pre-determined QC measures through regular chalet visits and chalet operations supervision, including monitoring food hygiene on a daily basis
Taking responsibility for maintenance lists and ensuring the chalets are running correctly
Responsibility for in resort organisation of extras such as massages, short-notice ski lessons etc.
Monitoring staff appearance and personal hygiene in line with Company Policy
Health and Safety visits weekly in all chalets
(Other) Staff day off – you will be required to go into the chalets in the morning to ensure guests are happy, bins are emptied (where necessary), kitchens tidied (where necessary) and to put afternoon tea out for guests.
Over 25 years old for insurance purposes and also if you are younger it is unlikely you will have the experience we are looking for.
What Qualities and Abilities are we looking for?
Personality – confident, outgoing, strong, people person – you need to provide a friendly, warm and personal but professional service at all times. You will also need to know how to have some fun as well!
Outstanding organisational skills and team management
Ability to work independently and to problem solve – following up consistently on any outstanding issues
Presentable, clean appearance with excellent interpersonal and guest relationship management skills
Absolute attention to detail and the ability to command the same from other team members
A passion for delivering excellent customer service
An excellent timekeeper
Qualifications, experience and achievements
Hospitality and customer service experience essential in either fine dining restaurants, hotels or other luxury chalet companies
Full, clean driving licence
Past experience of managing a hospitality team of at least 6 people
Exceptional service standards
Excellent customer service skills with your ability to communicate with all types of guests and team members
Administration experience required – computer literate
Previous experience of driving on snow and on the right hand side of the road
UK National Insurance number essential
You have skied or snowboarded for a minimum of 3 weeks
French language skills – written and oral (telephone confidence necessary)
Provide the highest level of customer service possible for every guest
Regularly checking in with guests in the mornings and evenings to ensure they have everything they need and don’t require assistance from you – for example booking more lessons
Anticipation of guests’ needs and proactively recommend and identify opportunities to enhance guest satisfaction and experience
Relationships with suppliers and partners are crucially important and you need to ensure you maintain strong relationships
You need to be highly knowledgeable of our service, the area, restaurants and weather at all times
You need to constantly create a warm and friendly atmosphere from the very beginning of the guests’ stay until the moment they leave (and occasionally beyond!)
Excellent monthly salary + potential bonus at the end of the season
Company laptop and internet access
Seasonal ski pass
Return transport to and from London
Private accommodation in resort
Food and drink
One full day off per week with plenty of ski time for the rest of the week
The job starts at the November 2017 and you will be required to work in resort until the end of April 2018.
We are currently recruiting for a reputable transfer company in the French Alps. A fantastic opportunity to earn a proper salary in the Alps for someone with a keen interest in transport logistics.
Duties will be split as required between office administration and driving. On weekends you will be required to perform a mixture of customer liaison, vehicle/driver coordinating and occasional driving duties. During the week duties will focus mostly on office administration and driver/fleet management. From time to time you may be required to carry out a full day’s driving duty which could easily total in the region of 500 kms. If this sort of distance bothers you, you should not apply. Office duties will primarily involve transfer scheduling and managing the vehicle fleet and drivers. You will also be required to answer telephones and process customer enquiries and input and extract data from the computer system. On weekends you may also be required to manage our “meet and greet” post in Geneva Airport to meet clients and coordinate the fleet to optimize it’s use whilst maintaining a high level of service to the client.
Applicants must possess the following attributes:
Please send your CV, covering letter and references to email@example.com.
As a small, specialist Travel Company, you will be exposed to all elements of the business but your main responsibility will be to manage all customer leads and be accountable for all sales and KPIs.
The key responsibilities are as follows;
– Predominately a telephone role, but ensuring that all forms of contact such as phone, email, LiveChat, and social media channels are handled quickly and with a friendly ‘can-do’ attitude, whilst achieving and exceeding sales performance targets
– Listening to our customers, providing expert advice and suggestions to help them book their dream getaway
– Working hard to make sure you are constantly improving and enhancing the overall customer experience
– Agency liaison, ensuring that they too are conveying the key Ski Armadillo/Project Ski USPs to prospective guests
– Make customer service calls on your returning customers to build a future repeat booking pipeline.
– Ensuring you understand our holidays, sharing your own stories and using your initiative to ooze expertise and encourage customers to book with Ski Armadillo/Project Ski
Skills and Experience
We are seeking a talented sales professional, involving some business development manager duties (BDM), with proven track record and determination to grow our business and maximise relationship value within our existing customer base. Exceptional candidates will have a fast-track option into management, as the company seeks to quickly grow to meet demand. The ideal candidate will have/ be the following;
– Experienced in new business sales development & account management, responding well to a results driven framework, with a strong sense of ownership for your work.
– Self-motivated and show a consistent performance in optimising conversion rates, from all enquiries
– A good telephone manner, strong lead generation and prioritisation skills, a pro-active approach, building empathy without effort, and strong ability to close.
– Structured in your thinking, hard-working, highly motivated and equally talented within a team environment or when operating independently.
– A proven independent professional attitude to managing your own time, nurturing a realistic sales pipeline and demonstrating accountability for your activities and the outcomes.
– Quick learning to understand the precise needs of our guests and the ability to effectively match the benefits of our product offerings through clear and effective communication.
– Literate in Microsoft Office and CRM software (Preferably SalesForce). Website content management system and online booking system experience would be advantageous
– A personal or commercial background in skiing or snowboarding and/or travel sector is mandatory. Knowledge of Verbier and/or Val d’Isere will also be advantageous.