Love talking about ski? Why not get paid for it! We are looking for a motivated Travel Sales Consultant with a keen interest in luxury travel and experience of sales, ideally in the ski chalet industry for a fantastic role with a small team in London. With this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your experience within a rapidly growing company and to learn about the luxury travel industry.
As Sales Consultant you will develop and maintain client relationships to convert enquiries into bookings, create bespoke holiday proposals and process any confirmed bookings to completion, making sure that agreed targets are achieved. In addition to this, you will also be key in ensuring the smooth running of the after-sales concierge process.
- Build relationships with clients and respond to client enquiries, discussing the holiday requirements over the telephone, email and online ‘chat’.
- Quickly and accurately creating bespoke holiday proposals.
- Organising and managing the administration elements of bookings such as booking confirmations and invoicing.
- Liaising with property owners and operators, and maintaining good relationships.
- Proactive generation of enquiries through our existing client base.
- Achieve and exceed sales performance targets.
- Organising the pre-arrival arrangements for clients, including booking transfers, ski lessons and any special requests the clients may have for their booking.
- Creating final itineraries.
In order to become more familiar with the portfolio, you will have the opportunity to travel, visiting properties, meeting with owners/operators and experiencing the first class service they provide. As part of a small team, from time to time you may also be required to assist in other ad hoc projects and activities to help with the growth and smooth running of the business, such as the loading of properties, writing blog posts on properties or areas visited, do social media posts etc.
The ideal candidate:
- Articulate with confident telephone manner and strong written skills.
- Experience in sales and working in a target-driven environment.
- Familiar with skiing and ski resorts (ideally worked a ski season).
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, friendly and happy to get stuck into any task.
- Salary very negotiable DOE. £25,000+ plus uncapped commission
- Full time
- To start immediately
- Working hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm.
- Alternate Saturday mornings may be required, with time off in lieu
- Office location: SW London
Are you a looking to develop your skills; work with exceptional products; deliver treatments in world class spas; and work a winter season? This could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity that commences with in-depth training at the Bamford Spa headquarters; ‘The Haybarn’. Following this you will be confident in delivering bespoke massages to our clients using Bamford’s signature organic range.
You will be responsible for driving treatment bookings by engaging with clients and the wider team to embrace the brand and promote the full range of treatments, whether an indulgent two-and-a-half-hour Signature treatment for a non-skiing guest, or a popular après ski Bamford deep tissue massage. Delivering these treatments to guests directly from the chalets you will have access to beautiful treatment rooms within 5-star spa facilities.
- Deliver signature Bamford Spa treatments across our portfolio of luxury properties
- Manage massage slots liaising with the company concierge, chalet managers and directly with clients to maximise efficiency and fill available slots. Work alongside existing support therapists at busy times.
- Proactively up-sell Bamford products reaching and exceeding targets on a weekly basis
- Manage stocks, stock movement and re ordering
- Support management of spa facilities such as pools, hot tubs and treatment rooms and maintain accurate client records (training given)
- Assist in the wider team when required
- Certified (EU recognised) in deep tissue Massage, Swedish massage, Hot Stone massage, Body Scrub and Facials ideally with additional Sports Massage/Beauty Treatment qualifications
- Insured with appropriate cover to deliver treatments in the EU
- Flexible and independent – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills – proficient in English
- Ideal candidates would also hold a full driving license (ideally with own transport in the PDS – mileage reimbursed) and be confident of driving in winter conditions
- EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
Offering a highly competitive salary and flexible benefits scheme, giving you the chance to define your own package to suit your needs:
- Highly competitive salary & performance-linked bonus scheme
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (shared room)
- Lift pass (local or full area)
- Ski/board and boot hire
- Meals whilst on duty
- Personal insurance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
We get asked to recruit for more and more exciting new ski season opportunities each week as we start to approach the 18/19 winter season, and are always on the lookout for fantastic new people. Get in touch to be added to our database so you’ll be ready and all set for when your dream role comes in.
As the 18/19 winter season slowly approaches, we start to get more and more fantastic job opportunities coming in for experienced seasonaires across France, Switzerland and Austria and Norway. To be considered for our future ski season roles, please send your CV to be added to our database.
What to expect:
Working a ski season is a fantastic opportunity to further your career within the hospitality industry whilst meeting new people and skiing as much as possible. Ski seasons are suitable for individuals who have good previous hospitality of catering experience, who are hard-working, adventurous, and who aren’t afraid of trying something completely new. You don’t need to be able to ski before starting season work, being in the mountains for a whole winter is the perfect time to learn.
Your package will often include travel, accommodation, food, ski hire, lift pass, and a weekly salary.
If you would like more information on how to get a ski season role, please get in touch as we’d love to help you in any way we can.