A premier boutique hotel in the heart of Les Gets, Portes du Soleil is looking for General Assistants to join their team. As part of the welcoming and professional team, you will be dedicated to make the guests’ alpine experience the best holiday they have ever had.
Blending traditional alpine charm with contemporary design and gorgeous antique furniture this hotel provides a welcoming sanctuary created with comfort and luxury in mind. This position crosses over between housekeeping and breakfast service, dinner service and bar – applicants can expect to gain experience in different areas of a busy hotel.
Working within a team on a rota that will include both split shifts and straight shifts, the duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Presenting and serving breakfast, assisting with food preparation for breakfast
- Preparing and serving afternoon tea
- Preparing and serving drinks at the hotel bar
- Help guests with any queries/questions
- Daily cleaning and presentation of property public areas
- Daily room servicing and preparing for guest arrivals
- Managing storage areas and stock levels(linen, cleaning products, and food items).
The ideal candidate
- Welcoming and positive personality
- Has a “can do” attitude and is willing to learn new skills
- Enjoys working within a team
- Has a good eye for detail and takes pride in their work
- Preferably has previous experience in hospitality (however full training will be provided)
- Ability to speak French is an advantage, but not essential.
- £500 paid monthly into a bank account
- Rentable Accommodation from the landlord (salary indicated is after rent)
- Pedestrian Multipass with access to activities
- Food provision
- Contribution for transport to French Alps
- Employed through a UK company so need to be legally able to work in the UK
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join a year-round family run chalet hotel in Morzine. The emphasis in this role is the ability to draw on your own experience and creativity to design and deliver a luxury catering service. There is a small kitchen team, so you would also ensure they are trained to your standards.
- Develop creative and nutritious seasonal menus covering breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s dinner, staff dinner and guest dinner
- Conduct staff training regarding health and safety in the kitchen, food handling and presentation
- Prepare and serve all food to a high standard for breakfast, afternoon tea, children’s dinner, staff dinner and guest dinner
- Maintain and replenish stock levels by liaising with appropriate suppliers and conducting a weekly shop
- Store all food ingredients to established food hygiene standards
- Manage the kitchen team
- Supervise all staff working in the kitchen, including during a thorough weekly clean, to ensure it is a tidy, safe and hygienic environment
- Provide a high standard of catering for any events such as weddings or parties as required
- Alert the General Manager of any problems or potential problems immediately
- Report any maintenance faults as soon as they occur using our established procedures
- Interact and show genuine interest in our guests at all times to create memorable holiday experiences
- Adhere to health and safety legislation and food hygiene legislation
The ideal candidate
- Previous Head Chef experience
- Previous chalet/villa experience
- Have a driving license and own vehicle
- Be a valued team player
- Attend and contribute to a weekly staff meeting to discuss new ideas and improvements
- Be well presented at all times
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
- Excellent salary
- Comfortable accommodation
- Meals whilst on duty
- Regular performance appraisals to ensure your skills continue to develop
We get asked to recruit for more and more exciting new ski season opportunities each week as we start to approach the 18/19 winter season, and are always on the lookout for fantastic new people. Get in touch to be added to our database so you’ll be ready and all set for when your dream role comes in.
As the 18/19 winter season slowly approaches, we start to get more and more fantastic job opportunities coming in for experienced seasonaires across France, Switzerland and Austria and Norway. To be considered for our future ski season roles, please send your CV to be added to our database.
What to expect:
Working a ski season is a fantastic opportunity to further your career within the hospitality industry whilst meeting new people and skiing as much as possible. Ski seasons are suitable for individuals who have good previous hospitality of catering experience, who are hard-working, adventurous, and who aren’t afraid of trying something completely new. You don’t need to be able to ski before starting season work, being in the mountains for a whole winter is the perfect time to learn.
Your package will often include travel, accommodation, food, ski hire, lift pass, and a weekly salary.
If you would like more information on how to get a ski season role, please get in touch as we’d love to help you in any way we can.