We’re looking for a stewardess/masseuse to join a private 50M M/Y with an interesting itinerary. The boat is in the yard in Italy at the moment but will be cruising the Med this summer & down to Asia this winter.
You will be working in an interior team of 4 and will predominantly be working in housekeeping & laundry as well as all beauty treatments. The guests typically like massage & manicure/pedicures.
The ideal candidate will have a years’ experience working on yachts as well as the necessary beauty qualifications & experience.
This is a permanent position to begin in mid-May. The salary is flexible up to around €3500 for the right candidate & 2.5 days holiday per month.
We are looking for General Assistants for a beautiful 18th century Château in the picturesque Normandy countryside and with superb nearby beaches.
The chateau is a popular destination for groups of school children, and we are looking for someone provide an excellent level of restaurant service, as well as cleaning and servicing the bedrooms and communal areas within the property.
- Serving in the bar and restaurant
- Housekeeping of bedrooms
- Cleaning of communal areas
The ideal candidate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Hardworking and team player approach
- An enthusiasm to work with school groups
- An understanding of the French language would be beneficial
- Competitive salary
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a General Manager (or Management Couple) to run a well-established, community led pub and boutique hotel in Guernsey. The property is at a time of growth you will be able to bring your knowledge and experience to help shape the company and have autonomy to run the business down the line.
We are looking for hands-on, self-motivated and competent candidates full of enthusiasm and commitment for the job in hand. A passion and knowledge for great food and beverage is required alongside a natural ability to delivery friendly, attentive service with discreet efficiency. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in all areas at all times and to offer a truly personal service to our guests.
A base level understanding of the administration and accounts necessary for the smooth and effective running of a business in this field is needed. Experience in overseeing a team and strong leadership skills are essential & the ideal candidate will constantly strive to make the business the best it can be and move with the times.
You will be Responsible for the smooth running and profitability of the pub, restaurant and hotel. The job will be extremely varied, so the candidate will need to have a broad skill set, experience in this field of work, and a hands-on approach to the job in hand. This will be a great opportunity for a current FOH or Restaurant Manager who wants progression.
GENERAL MANAGER ROLE OVERVIEW
DUTIES INCLUDE (NOT LIMITED TO):
- Responsible for the day to day running of The property
- Work alongside the Director on the running of a sister guesthouse
- Act as a line manager to all members of the floor, kitchen, bar and house-keeping team to oversee and ensure smooth across the board
- Oversee and implement policy and procedures
- Take responsibility for recruitment, training and the on-going management of the team within the guidelines and objectives of the property
- Create and maintain objectives, targets for food, bar and room sales
- Undertake the necessary administration – banking, reconcile daily takings, wages, rotas, menus etc.
- Ensure the building and facilities are well maintained and kept at a high standard
- Set and monitor standards relating to customer service
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all residents and customers
- Be an approachable point of contact for staff and customers
- Support, nurture and guide the team; and put time aside for team events and incentives
- Encourage and act upon customer comments and complaints to improve product
- Hold regular staff, management meetings and maintain high levels of communication
- Work closely with each other and Director to ensure high quality service delivery
- Assist in building the events calendar and marketing in house
- Promote and put together functions, events, outside catering and weddings
- Be hands on whenever required and remain adaptable in the event of being short staffed
The ideal candidate
REQUIREMENTS (NOT LIMITED TO):
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in customer service environment
- Strong food and beverage operations skills
- Have proven skills and experience in the day to day running of a pub, restaurant or hotel, gaining and retaining the respect of staff, and creating a management presence which customers can easily identify.
- Experience in successfully managing, leading and motivating a team
- Established a highly personalised style of service
- Proficient in IT and accounting
- Business minded, highly motivated and forward thinking
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong communication with both customers, suppliers and staff
- Exceptionally organized, practices good time management and excellent attention to detail
HEAD CHEF OVERVIEW (BAR MANAGER OPTION AVAILABLE)
Responsible for the smooth running, success and profitability of restaurant. Management of and assisting in recruiting a strong and happy kitchen team. Keeping the kitchen accounts and admin in good order and maintaining the great supplier relations we have built. Re-working meus regularly according to the seasons, feedback and local produce available. Responsible for putting together function menus and planning outside catering events. You will need to work alongside the General Manager and Director to meet the needs of the business, finance and product.
REQUIREMENTS (NOT LIMITED TO):
- Three years’ experience in a reputable restaurant or gastro pub is essential
- A keen financial awareness, responsible for achieving the necessary margins and managing the kitchen accounts is a must.
- Keeps high standards of hygiene and organisation, is self-motivated and punctual.
- Experience in leading a successful kitchen team or section.
- Previous work on outside functions and catering is a bonus.
- The right candidate will have the maturity and patience to assist in the growth and continuous development of the menu and pub as a whole.
- They will have a great work ethic, positive attitude, energy and a passion for great food and shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest of locally sourced produced.
- Essential to be a great team player, maintain the good relations with our suppliers, and appreciate the needs / feedback of our customers.
- Start date: January – April (no later than) 2019 with the view to stay for a minimum of two years
- Full time permanent (subject to a probationary period)
- Wage: £25,000-30,000 + profit share scheme
- Holiday: 24 days
- Accommodation: own room and bathroom facilities, Wifi, good standard and spacious (£50 utility contribution), if applicable
- Travel: two return flights to UK throughout the year
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts other outlets
- Bonus or profit share options (dependent on candidate experience and suitability)