We are recruiting for 2 stewardesses for a 86m private yacht with a med based itinerary summer and winter. There is great work perks and both the crew and yacht are very well. There is very much a family feel onboard with all crew enjoying being active and healthy.
The interior operates with a great team of 10 – friendly girls with absolutely no drama which is so lovely!
The first position is for an experienced stewardess – this will be heavy on service during trips but also happy to help in housekeeping when needed. 60days leave and salary 3,000 -3,500 DOE – ideally candidates with 2yrs experience
The second position – stewardess/nurse – I would say the role is 85% stew and 15% nursing, so not a huge amount which I know may not appeal to all. 60days leave and salary approx. 3,500 DOE – would prefer some experience but happy to look at green too.
The children aged 8 (YR 4) and 12 (YR 8) and 14 (YR 10) will all continue in the national curriculum while the two older children will be studying for the College Entrance exam and the IGCSEs, respectively.
You must be familiar with the UK curriculum and it is essential that you are a fluent French speaker. You will ideally have a Maths or Science teaching background and be able to familiarise yourself with other areas of the curriculum prior to departure.
Yachting qualifications are not required, however an interest in sailing or water sports is essential. You will be on board with both parents, the children, a nanny and 3 other members of staff. You will be sharing a cabin with the female nanny and will have ample time to spend getting to know her and the rest of the team in advance of July 2018. You should be a team player and willing to assist the other staff members when required.
The role will start in July 2018, however for familiarization purposes, we would request that time has been spent with the family and crew on a trial basis, ideally whilst the family are on board so you can experience the role in full. There are 2 opportunities to attend a trial with the family and all costs will be covered:
– Between mid Dec – early Jan
– Between mid March – mid April
This will give any potential candidates an opportunity to work with the children and spend time with the family and crew to ensure the fit is as right for them as it is for the family.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Sole tutoring of 3 children for the full 14 month period. Working to the UK curriculum for Years 4, 8 and 10 while preparing the Y8 for a school entrance exam, and Y10 for IGCSEs.
• Planning of all lessons
• Preparing and marking of any homework
• Planning extra-curricular activities, including proactively researching the area you are visiting and finding new things to do
• Working closely with the parents to increase the children’s awareness of social responsibility including helping to organise various charity work projects
• Conducting some lessons in French to ensure constant improvement in their language skills. The youngest will be learning French, the middle child is fluent at grade level in France and, the eldest child is at an advanced level/fluent speaker.
• Assisting other staff members when required
• Focusing on the children’s manners and generally being a good role model
It is essential that you fit the following brief, please do not apply if you do not meet the following criteria:
• QTS qualified teacher with at least 3 years’ teaching experience
• Fluent French speaker
• Interest in sailing or water sports
• Available for the full duration of the contract
• Valid DBS
• Solid references for the last 5 years
• Able to attend a trial for a minimum of 1 week
• Any musical capabilities are advantageous
• Living Costs
• Travel Costs
• Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
Joining an established team of consultants, you will support Philippa, the Managing Director, with a wide range of administrative tasks assisting with all aspects of recruitment and general office admin. Specifically, you will immediately be playing an instrumental role in an exciting new recruitment project which is soon to launch and will keep you incredibly busy for your first couple of months.
We are looking for someone who can work independently with minimal supervision and who will want to develop and grow within the company. You will need to be proactive, hardworking and dedicated to the continued success of Silver Swan.
This is a resourcer position with the opportunity to develop into a full Recruitment Consultant role over time with long-term career potential within the company.
Start Date – ASAP.
Location – London Bridge.
You must be available to start within the next couple of weeks. You must be legally able to live and work in the UK. Please do not apply if this is not the case.